CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

Just now, corngrower87 said:

While there isnt NFL Playoff action today, don’t forget there are two NFL games that have massive playoff implications that will be played this afternoon. Not saying that will have a huge impact, but saying that the NFL games won’t have any impact at all won’t be the case either…

The viewership of two standalone regular seasons games - one even being a defacto playoff game - is about half of the 30M the two Sat WC games got last year (there’s a reason the NFL stuck the Titans-Jags on Saturday rather than Sun night)

Yeah, there’s some audience loss, but it’s like 20/80 for Sat/Sun rather than closer to 50/50, the latter helps to flatten the curve from Fri-Sun

Deadline Hollywood

Universal did a spectacular job here making a creepy doll film for the TikTok generation. If someone is dancing in your movie, and you can market it on TikTok, considering it a win. The protag’s droopy dance caught on like wild fire out of the first trailer — and this was without the studio doing a #MeganDanceChallenage. There was none of that. It was all organic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Pussy reigns supreme. 3rd weekend bigger than opening weekend. Greatest showman who??? 

I´m seeing now the run of TGS and i´m remembering that made more money in its 6th weekend than first, really amazing. 
Anyone knows another move that did something like this?

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Deadline Hollywood

Universal did a spectacular job here making a creepy doll film for the TikTok generation. If someone is dancing in your movie, and you can market it on TikTok, considering it a win. The protag’s droopy dance caught on like wild fire out of the first trailer — and this was without the studio doing a #MeganDanceChallenage. There was none of that. It was all organic.

I don't want to be the guy who comes up to Papa Nolan and tells him they need to market his movie with the Oppenheimer Shuffle.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

With Megan and Otto posting great nubers: Maybe Avatar indeed was able to remind people, that it's worth going to the movies, not only for tentpoles. Maybe there are some other surprises out there for January. 

Don't know about US theaters but Canadian Cineplex plays a message from JC to watch movies as they are intended - at the cinema. So maybe the powah of JC compels people to return to cinemas. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Omg, but why though? My arithmophobia is acting up in opposite direction 

He has always been like that. 😂😂😂 Imagine, the movie made close to $12M and he would still say $11M. 😅

5 minutes ago, setna said:

I´m seeing now the run of TGS and i´m remembering that made more money in its 6th weekend than first, really amazing. 
Anyone knows another move that did something like this?

Plenty of 80s and 90s films. ET, Titanic on a grander scale. Also check out My Big Fat Greek Wedding. 

• Like 2