Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates: Avatar 19.7, Puss 11.5, M3GAN 9.8, Missing 9.3, Otto 9

8 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Shyamalan confuses me to be honest. I cant fathom that the same guy that made Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense also made the worst movie of all time, namely The Last Airbender.

What made THE SIXTH SENSE great was the restraint and subtlety, the careful construction and the well modulated performances.

They do not exist in Shyamalan's weaker movies. He should away from action movies.

3 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I still think there’s a little chance for crossing TGM DOM

But I maybe lost this hope after Monday number came out

I mean I think the chance has to still be considered when it still has a substantial lead over it (albeit a 5m smaller equivalent weekend). But if late legs are exceptional, the lead it still has may be just enough. Just unlikely now. 

If Avatar follows the legs of Black Panther from here on out, it should end up with ~ 680m. If it follows No Way Home, it will finish with ~718m, on the cusp of beating TGM. If it follows TGM it should finish at ~717M. If it follows Avatar, it will end up with ~712m. 

I used Current gross + (ATWOW 6th weekend/ y movie 6th weekend) x (y movie gross from 6th weekend on) to compute the final totals. I know it will obviously be a flawed comparison but it's interesting to see how Avatar can play out 

Post Pandemic Animated movies domestically:
1. Minions The Rise of Gru - $369,50M

2. Sing 2 - $162,79M

3. Puss in Boots The Last Wish - $126,76M (so far)
4. Lightyear - $118,30M

5. The Bad Guys - $97,23M
6. Encanto - $96,09M
7. DC League of Super Pets - $93,65M

8. The Croods A New Age - $58,56M
9. Raya and the Last Dragon - $57,72M
10. The Boss Baby Family Business - $57,30M
11. The Addams Fammily 2 - $56,48M
12. Paw Patrol The Movie - $40,12M
13. Strange World - $37,94M

14. The Bob's Burgers Movie - $31,93M
15.  Ron's Gone Wrong - 23.00M
16. Paws Of Fury - 17.81
17. Spirit Untamed - 17.71m

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean I think the chance has to still be considered when it still has a substantial lead over it (albeit a 5m smaller equivalent weekend). But if late legs are exceptional, the lead it still has may be just enough. Just unlikely now. 

Yeah it went from 1% to 1% of 1% chance now.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Shyamalan confuses me to be honest. I cant fathom that the same guy that made Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense also made the worst movie of all time, namely The Last Airbender.

But yeah, ever since The Visit, you gotta respect what hes been able to do. And i do think that his newer films - wether good (Split) or bad (The Visit/Old) - are always entertaining to watch atleast.

That killed his career and gotta give him props he self-financed The Visit and got back on track.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

And don’t forget it will shave a few million more off that lead today alone as the equivalent Monday in TGM’s run was a holiday (July 4th).