Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates: Avatar 19.7, Puss 11.5, M3GAN 9.8, Missing 9.3, Otto 9

Glad to see this. I've been worried about this one, as I'm not sure how many people remember the first one. 

These films are made on a small budget and don't need a lot to be a success, but I'd really like it do well enough that it's a clear money maker. This is exactly the type of filmmaking I want to see more of. Talented people with a smart idea that go out and make a successful movie.

1 minute ago, vafrow said:

Glad to see this. I've been worried about this one, as I'm not sure how many people remember the first one. 

These films are made on a small budget and don't need a lot to be a success, but I'd really like it do well enough that it's a clear money maker. This is exactly the type of filmmaking I want to see more of. Talented people with a smart idea that go out and make a successful movie.

$7m production budget for Missing, should pretty easily become profitable

If Missing opens to 10M+ I am tempted to predict that every weekend of 2023 will have a 10M+ opener... Except for 3 weekends.

January 27th

April 28th

And another one from Sept/Oct/Nov - schedule there still void in a few weekends of these months

8 minutes ago, stripe said:

If Missing opens to 10M+ I am tempted to predict that every weekend of 2023 will have a 10M+ opener... Except for 3 weekends.

January 27th

April 28th

And another one from Sept/Oct/Nov - schedule there still void in a few weekends of these months

If this really happens, then Hollywood should give Daddy Cameron a statue or something. This man literally saved the whole industry lmao

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Going by deadline the Thursdays for the following:

A2: ~$1.9m

M3gan: ~$900k

PIB2: ~910k

btw seems like multiple movies had jumps from yesterday, any ideas why?

Noticing that too

Could just the absence of new releases & Thursday previews pushing more business to the holdovers. Happened in 2019 as well, though a bit later in the month