Krissykins

Weekend Thread - Jan 27th-29th | Estimates - Avatar 15.7, Puss 10.6, Otto 6.75, M3GAN 6.37, Pathaan 5.95 | The Way of Water is the fourth-biggest movie of all time! Eleventh DOM! Zoe Saldana the GOAT

Bengals D have (nearly) owned the Chiefs in second half, giving up just 20 points in 6 quarters & OT (though 14 in week 13 game plus missed FG). Last two Chiefs drives haven’t gone very far …

• Like 2

It's a shame that game was decided by a defensive mental blunder, and not a great play.

But Mahomes gritted that game out.

And the 2 MVPs make the Super Bowl, so the networks are gonna love it.  Reid vs new Reid, Kelce vs Kelce, MVP vs MVP...all the story lines write themselves...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

That was about the poorest officiated game I’ve ever seen. 1) A ref at that level in that position should know not to wind the clock after an incomplete pass. 2) The one blowing the play dead should’ve kept coming in to stop the play until the play actually stops. 3) There was a missed block in the back on that last run back. 4) Some of those holds in the first half were questionable at best. 

• Like 3

Just got back in (was hearing the game intermittently on the road).  Congrats to Chiefs. It's precisely that final drive and Mahomes gutting it out why I personally learned not to bet against him a long time ago.

Shame there was a minor bit of Ref Show, at least from what I understand.  Still get the sense the better team won though.

Should be a hell of a matchup in Arizona in two weeks time, especially if Mahomes ankle has time to continue to heal.

16 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Bengals putrid O-line cost them this game. Couldn't protect Burrow 

Trench play won both games today...KC kept Mahomes in the game...and Cincy couldn't protect Burrow so he could get the ball downfield enough times to Chase and Higgins...

KC lost a ton of playmakers in the game and kept coming...b/c they didn't lose their lines...

I think the Eagles should be favored for the Super Bowl b/c I think their lines are better and b/c they are healthier in the skills areas (not better, but healthier...and that's just as good)...but you can't count out Mahomes - either Eagles win in a laugher or Mahomes will do what he's done the last 2 games and squeak out a win through literal force of will...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

All in it is a very great week for Avatar 2 where it passes $2bn, IW and SW7 in the same week while getting into Oscar best picture race.

It is now mega box office juggernaut with great leg plus one of the Oscar season winner. It check off basically every success box and the humiliation to the hater is now complete. 

They know it is a great week and the last week at number1 for Avatar..... 

• Like 3

MOST CONSECUTIVE WEEKENDS AT NUMBER 1

rank / number of weekends at number 1 / movie

01 / 15 / TITANIC (1997)

02 / 13 / BEVERLY HILLS COP (1984)

03 / 13 / TOOTSIE (1982)

04 / 12 / HOME ALONE (1990)

05 / 09 / CROCODILE DUNDEE (1986)

06 / 09 / GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM (1987)

07 / 08 / BACK TO THE FUTURE (1985)

08 / 08 / FATAL ATTRACTION (1987)

09 / 08 / PORKY'S (1982)

10 / 07 / AVATAR (2009)

11 / 07 / AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER (2022)

12 / 07 / GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)

13 / 06 / THE FUGITIVE (1993)

14 / 06 / E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL (1982)

15 / 06 / ROCKY IV (1985)

*three James Cameron films

*only two movies from year 2000 onwards; both are AVATAR movies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

MOST CONSECUTIVE WEEKENDS AT NUMBER 1

rank / number of weekends at number 1 / movie

01 / 15 / TITANIC (1997)

02 / 13 / BEVERLY HILLS COP (1984)

03 / 13 / TOOTSIE (1982)

04 / 12 / HOME ALONE (1990)

05 / 09 / CROCODILE DUNDEE (1986)

06 / 09 / GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM (1987)

07 / 08 / BACK TO THE FUTURE (1985)

08 / 08 / FATAL ATTRACTION (1987)

09 / 08 / PORKY'S (1982)

10 / 07 / AVATAR (2009)

11 / 07 / AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER (2022)

12 / 07 / GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)

13 / 06 / THE FUGITIVE (1993)

14 / 06 / E.T. THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL (1982)

15 / 06 / ROCKY IV (1985)

*three James Cameron films

*only two movies from year 2000 onwards; both are AVATAR movies

Porky’s was a unlikely juggernaut back in the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripe said:

Possible gross for Avatar2 8th weekend:

10% drop - 14.2M

20% drop - 12.5M

30% drop - 11M

It faces more competition, so 11-12M?

Plus it loses at least all of the Dolby screens to knock at the cabin due contacts with Universal. I wouldn’t be surprised if it also loses at least some of the showtimes from Cinemark’s XD and anB & B grand screens as well. It’s possible the loss of this many PLF screens will have a bigger impact than a lot are anticipating. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stripe said:

Possible gross for Avatar2 8th weekend:

10% drop - 14.2M

20% drop - 12.5M

30% drop - 11M

It faces more competition, so 11-12M?

While true, no NFL championship games this week so Sunday hold will be better.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

I think James Cameron lost his power of making audience burst into tears in Avatar 2

Jake Sully’s son dead in Avatar :The Way of Water make me no crying and not even drop a single tear,but when I saw Arnold dead in Terminator 2,and Jack dead in Titanic,I really sad and depression for a real long time…I remeber when I first saw Titanic as a kid ,I even want Titanic become  a sci-fi movie and let Jack back to life in Titanic 2:The Return of Jack….That’s the fool thinking in my childhood but that’s speaking cameron’s power of emotion buliding…but I saw his power lost in Avatar 2

If Jake Sully really dead in Avatar 3,I really hope he can do same thing like he used to do…

No..... Cameron has not lost the power. I have seen Avatar 2 in theater 7 times and I have cried or my eyes became watery at least 2 times on each occasion !! And most of my fellow audience in the theater were also sad during the funeral scene and at the end when Jack sees his dead son again through spirit tree. And I have also cried during Arnie self destruction scene in T2.