kayumanggi

THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE | 04.19.2024 | Lionsgate | current gross: $20,087,333

42 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Really upset I won’t get to see this. Release it, Amazon! 

Same, it's terrible how they don't give a f**k about releasing these movies in theaters. Apple is much better in that regard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I didn’t realise this wasn’t coming to cinemas in the UK. 

Not something I would bother to go and see though, but I must say the good reviews are surprise given the trailer. 

What score were you expecting based on the trailer? You had to have been expecting a better score than Argylle.

Edited by Jay Beezy

7 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

What score were you expecting based on the trailer? You had to have been expecting a better score than Argylle.

I thought it just looked like a generic action film which critics don’t usually respond well to. 

11 hours ago, Belakor said:

Audience score for the win, who the fuck cares what the critics say. 

I've seen too many good to great films get shit scores from audiences to trust them over the critics.

It's  funny how after having his biggest movie ever in Aladdin Ritchie has now cranked out 5 movies,   and he has two more coming, none of which have cracked 35 million domestic And some these movies were fairly expensive considering what they made. It's like he figured he played the good boy for Disney and made the movie they wanted  and now he's just  going to rip out  one movie after another where he gets to do he  wants to do.

Edited by emoviefan

I'd have to imagine Lionsgate selling all his films to Prime for international distribution (USA is the only major market getting this theatrical, even us Canadians don't got it) recoups the spend on these, hence marketing being as minimal as possible. If this wasn't  a profitable model, they wouldn't be doing 3 times in a row now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

I'd have to imagine Lionsgate selling all his films to Prime for international distribution (USA is the only major market getting this theatrical, even us Canadians don't got it) recoups the spend on these, hence marketing being as minimal as possible. If this wasn't  a profitable model, they wouldn't be doing 3 times in a row now.

That's what I assume but it's just odd considering Guy Ritchie is a much bigger draw internationally. The Gentlemen and Wrath of Man's international numbers are what made each of them hits. Even Operation Fortunes international number was decent given the random ass release it got

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

THE MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE

April 19, 2024

Lionsgate

weekend (drop) | total

weekend 01: $8,913,698 / $8,913,698

weekend 02: $3,842,478 -56.9% / $15,431,145

weekend 03: $1,603,735 -58.3% / $18,414,678

CURRENT GROSS: $19,279,156

Edited by kayumanggi

Wow this was really bad. Cavill gets the Argylle treatment again and this has streaming movie vibe written all over it, with the dark grey cinematography and only a few action sequence even those happen in the background lol. Weakest Ritichie in a long time.

On 5/12/2024 at 4:18 PM, karlleng said:

Really dull movie. Hopefully Ritchie's next one is better

Maybe he would have done better to use his low key, gritty realistic crime film sensiblites to this move, and make a more grounded film about World War Two Special Operations, then end up doing what amounts to a poor man's 'Inglorious Basterds".