Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

So the Kang from this movie is really dead right? That's a shame because this Kang was awesome and there's no guarantee any other iteration from the future is as good. I suppose it makes sense that there is an assortment of Kangs with different appearances and personalities but in a weird way it would work for me if all of them were the same. It would give the character a sense of inevitability, if that makes sense.

Either way, I hope the Kang from this one is the "main one" and that we see him again.

3 minutes ago, Verrows said:

So the Kang from this movie is really dead right? That's a shame because this Kang was awesome and there's no guarantee any other iteration from the future is as good. I suppose it makes sense that there is an assortment of Kangs with different appearances and personalities but in a weird way it would work for me if all of them were the same. It would give the character a sense of inevitability, if that makes sense.

Either way, I hope the Kang from this one is the "main one" and that we see him again.

I don´t think so. They can´t do that. They have been hyping him up so much and then he dies thanks to The Wasp? Hopefully he returns

• Like 1

Also as much as Majors killed it, Kang didn´t give me the next Thanos vibe. One of the first thing my casual friend who don´t even watch every project is that The Scarlet Witch seemed way more dangerous in MoM. I didn´t really think about at the time but now I am. They really held their punches here and compared do what they did with Wanda in MoM it just feels weird. Kang should have killed someone big. He barely killed any of those freedom fighters people. Just npcs all of them. Really don´t get how Janet or Hank wasn´t killed off. Man the more I think about this movie the more I dislike it.

• Like 5

On 2/16/2023 at 6:22 PM, CJohn said:

A monumental misstep by Kevin Feige. Almost nothing works. Jonathan Majors is in a DC movie. MODOK is the worst thing ever put on screen ever. The 1st credits scene is a SNL parody. Everything just looks way too fake all the damn time. A disaster. I think there was salvation after the mixed reception of Phase 4, but after this? The MCU is over.

I don't know about all that but the first end credits scene didn't hit with me either. Like, what was that??

Another gripe, but this is for the MCU as a whole and not just this movie.

Is anyone else getting tired of every character's suit just appearing? I mean, it was different when it was a nanotech thing for Iron Man but now everyone has a magic button to make their suit appear or they just have to think it. It's sooooo lazy and uncreative. Even Kang in that one scene where he revealed himself to Janet just put his hands up and his classic Kang costume just appeared on him.

Man I think I'm just getting more annoyed at the MCU. More than I'm enjoying it anyway. I WANT to like like it and stay invested but it's just not happening. The way these movies are made now is so...empty. There's no effort with anything. It hardly even feels like moviemaking.

Excuse my ranting folks. I think I'm like that person that forces a smile on my face and fakes it until they boil over. I've really tried to be positive (and there are still lots of things in the MCU to be positive about) and give it a lot of rope but there's hardly any gas left in the tank.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Let's play a game I like to call "Are you a better screenwriter than ChatGPT?"

The prompt: "Create a three act story for "Ant-Man & The Qasp: Quantumania", where Scott, Hope, Hank, Janet, and Cassie are sucked into the Quantum Realm where they meet Kang the Conqueror, the next Marvel big bad who wants to rule the multiverse. Include MODOK is a supporting villain. Add a post-credits scene that sets up the next Avengers movie."

So who wrote it better, Jeff Loveness or ChatGPT?

I got a fairly similar generic storyline for the main plot with that prompt but this was fun:

Post-Credits Scene:

The post-credits scene shows a group of heroes, including Captain America, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Doctor Strange, gathering to discuss a new threat to the universe. They learn that Kang's defeat has created a power vacuum that other villains are trying to fill. They realize that they need to work together to protect the multiverse, and they begin to plan for their next mission as the Avengers.

Honestly, that sounds pretty hype. 

Just now, John Marston said:

I remember reading rumors about how Ant man and co would be trapped in the quantum realm at the end. This is probably something they changed in reshoots 

I completely buy this because the end felt so disjointed. The editing was awkward and choppy (in fact I felt this throughout the movie but I digress...).

I guess this one was no different than Multiverse of Madness: no original vision throughout and edited to pieces.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thajdikt said:

Also as much as Majors killed it, Kang didn´t give me the next Thanos vibe. One of the first thing my casual friend who don´t even watch every project is that The Scarlet Witch seemed way more dangerous in MoM. I didn´t really think about at the time but now I am. They really held their punches here and compared do what they did with Wanda in MoM it just feels weird. Kang should have killed someone big. He barely killed any of those freedom fighters people. Just npcs all of them. Really don´t get how Janet or Hank wasn´t killed off. Man the more I think about this movie the more I dislike it.

"Kang" was a lot better in Loki. He had this enigmatic feel to him which was captivating. Felt like Antman's version of Kang was too black and white. Probably more to do with poor writing than anything else 

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

"Kang" was a lot better in Loki. He had this enigmatic feel to him which was captivating. Felt like Antman's version of Kang was too black and white. Probably more to do with poor writing than anything else 

I agree the writing was terrible, but I thought Major’s performance here was even better than He Who Remains. As much as I enjoyed the mania of a man who spent an eternity living by himself, I though Kang’s simmering rage hidden behind a calm collected demeanor until he snaps was genuinely imposing. Again this is all Majors, but I thought he found (or invented) the nuances of this Kang that weren’t in the script.

I’m excited to see Timely. That was a striking intro. Never want to see the mid-credits Kangs again, at least not without a heavy coat of nuance.

Just came back from the movie. Oh boy, what was feige thinking? How could he approve this movie? Modok was a joke, and ants beating the shit out of kang? Seriously? Beside that some of the visuals were great and i liked the quantum universe. Majors was great as kang (i was really pissed how they beat/killed him).  I hope feige will announce the x-men/wolverine in the near future, or otherwise i will lose complete interest in the mcu.

Edited by dignam

So I've yet to see anyone anywhere mention this but its a glaring plot hole for me...how the hell did Scott and Cassie take off their helmets in giant mode? I thought he has to have the helmet on to do the shrinking and increasing in size?  Was this not established in the first Ant-Man movie? I don't ever remember him taking off his helmet while being shrunk before.

Edited by eddyxx

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

So I've yet to see anyone anywhere mention this but its a glaring plot hole for me...how the hell did Scott and Cassie take off their helmets in giant mode? I thought he has to have the helmet on to do the shrinking and increasing in size?  Was this not established in the first Ant-Man movie? I don't ever remember him taking off his helmet while being shrunk before.

Yeah, probably a plot hole. 

Sigh. Like I said, there is just not nearly enough care in the writing at Marvel Studios right now. They're just phoning it in to drive the overall plot of the saga along. The details don't matter.

Edited by Verrows

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

You can take off the helmet after the size change has occurred. It's just that it has to be on during the change although I don't think that rule was completely followed in this either.