kayumanggi

DUNE II | 395.8M overseas | 660.7M worldwide

7 hours ago, ando said:

Ooh SK is blowing up for sure. If it can debut big, good WoM could take it really far (just like Part One's legs).

Beautiful cast and romance emphasis are connecting with that marked I'd say. 

But yes, the movie is increasing over the first one everywhere so far only not sure about China didn't check the thread yet.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Beautiful cast and romance emphasis are connecting with that marked I'd say. 

But yes, the movie is increasing over the first one everywhere so far only not sure about China didn't check the thread yet.

I wonder how Japan is doing. Need that market to perform well. I'd love to see it reach $20M there. 

Edited by ando

11 minutes ago, ando said:

I wonder how Japan is doing. Need that market to perform well. I'd love to see it reach $20M there. 

Japan is not really a sequel market and the first Dune was not even really hindered by covid there so I see very little reason that would be the case.

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Japan is not really a sequel market and the first Dune was not even really hindered by covid there so I see very little reason that would be the case.

I guess the biggest challenges in OS for Dune in addition to loosing Russia are Japan and China. Coin tosses on how it's going to perform in these right now. Would love to know some estimates from China soon but we might have proper ones just after Dune Part 1 re-release in early March.

1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

I guess the biggest challenges in OS for Dune in addition to loosing Russia are Japan and China. Coin tosses on how it's going to perform in these right now. Would love to know some estimates from China soon but we might have proper ones just after Dune Part 1 re-release in early March.

I think the most realistic scenario is it declines in China and makes ~20M, loses russia, but sees solid gains in LATAM and pretty good gains in europe/aus/sk manage to get it 350+. perhaps 400+ OS. Japan remains irrelevant for the film.

DOM sees easily the bigges increase and handily crosses 200, perhaps hits 250

film ends up somewhere in the 600-650 area, perhaps not as big as the hopefuls (me included) would like, but has a solid run, is acclaimed, gets us messiah.

of course if it does better than that all the better

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I think the most realistic scenario is it declines in China and makes ~20M, loses russia, but sees solid gains in LATAM and pretty good gains in europe/aus/sk manage to get it 350+. perhaps 400+ OS. Japan remains irrelevant for the film.

DOM sees easily the bigges increase and handily crosses 200, perhaps hits 250

film ends up somewhere in the 600-650 area, perhaps not as big as the hopefuls (me included) would like, but has a solid run, is acclaimed, gets us messiah.

of course if it does better than that all the better

Yeah, rather low expectations than dissapointing with high expectations. That number would already give Villeneuve all the budget and creative freedom that he needs to make Messiah (not that he likely has had any challenges on that after Part 1 already). It's already gravy train territory.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:24 AM, kayumanggi said:

FYI there is an extremely high chance that they are just repeating what @ThatWaluigiDude posted in the Brazil tracking thread 3 hours before they tweeted.  

Here is what was posted in the Brazil tracking thread:

"The first 24 hours of pre-sales of Dune 2 are just a little above those from The Flash. That is decent actually, given that The Flash opened with R$16M+ and the first Dune opened with "only" R$5M."

Edited by BOfficeStats
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, BOfficeStats said:

FYI there is an extremely high chance that they are just repeating what @ThatWaluigiDude posted in the Brazil tracking thread 3 hours before they tweeted.  

Here is what was posted in the Brazil tracking thread:

"The first 24 hours of pre-sales of Dune 2 are just a little above those from The Flash. That is decent actually, given that The Flash opened with R$16M+ and the first Dune opened with "only" R$5M."

Damn I need a lawyer

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think legs will be critical for this movie. It will have great repeat value.

Yeah, I finally saw Dunr Part 1 in IMAX a week and a half ago. It was breathe taking and the best viewing experience of the five times I've seen it. It is a movie that gets better and needs more viewing times to process it. What I read from Part 2 reactions, it is even more of that and if there is that Batman -> Dark Knight jump, I can imagine repeat views to multiple handedly compareded to Part 1.

Plus the buzz that people who didn't like Part 1 so much will enjoy Part 2. It can lure them and new GA people after the opening for second and third weekend.