filmlover

The 95th Academy Awards official live feed thread | EEAAO and All Quiet win most of the awards. A24 reigns supreme and Asian Excellence is high

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, stuff like Lord of the Rings was made by New Line, which was a division of Time Warner before they went under as an individual studio in 2008.

No I'm talking about MGM stuff like 2001 and Wizard of Oz. They shouldn't be there.

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Unironically a better performance than what she just won for. 

100% I WAS SAYING THIS TO MY FRIENDS TODAY. I kid you not I genuinely think her performance in that is Oscar-worthy.

• Like 2

wasn't someone here talking about how MCU will be fine because Bassett will bring home the first MCU acting Oscar? IS MCU doomed now?

Surprised she didnt get it though...well maybe not too surprised since it seemed JLC was getting momentum.

I assume barring a few exceptions it will be a EEAO sweep

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Just now, jking123 said:

wasn't someone here talking about how MCU will be fine because Bassett will bring home the first MCU acting Oscar? IS MCU doomed now?

Surprised she didnt get it though...well maybe not too surprised since it seemed JLC was getting momentum.

I assume barring a few exceptions it will be a EEAO sweep

Black Panther 2 is still going home with an Oscar anyway (since it won Costume).

Did ya’ll know that the Director or Producer(s) of Best International Feature Film do not actually win the Oscar? The nominee is the country for which it was submitted, and the director is simply the representative that accepts the Oscar on behalf of the country.

I only just learned this this year…

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Black Panther 2 is still going home with an Oscar anyway (since it won Costume).

Joining Suicide squad in esteemed company for sure.

Costuming was cool in black yet again yea. Think they won for first film as well? Cant wait to see the world fleshed out in the tv shows.Hope they make it work well.