filmlover

The 95th Academy Awards official live feed thread | EEAAO and All Quiet win most of the awards. A24 reigns supreme and Asian Excellence is high

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm still not convinced Tell It Like a Woman is a real movie, like the last 5 movies or so Diane Warren has willed into becoming Oscar nominated films.

What even is this song? It feels like there's no actual structure to it.

Jamie Lee Curtis wouldn’t have personally been my pick, but she absolutely nailed the characterization of Deidre, making what could have been a one note, throwaway character compelling and known.

I’m over the sentiment that a performance has to be a showy one with heightened emotions to be worthy of an Oscar.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

I had predicted Condon for Supporting Actress, but it wouldn’t be overly surprising now if SAG went 3/4 or 4/4 With Oscar for the acting categories. In 20 of the 28 years of SAG, they’ve matched 3/4 or 4/4 with Oscar.

Maybe this year will be 3/4 - with Butler winning over Fraser? Though with how closely SAG aired to the Oscar voting period, maybe it will be 4/4…

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1