filmlover

The 95th Academy Awards official live feed thread | EEAAO and All Quiet win most of the awards. A24 reigns supreme and Asian Excellence is high

Just now, Eric the Velocipastor said:

All the acting winners were from A24 movies. This has to be a first time for a studio to win all the awards, right?

Would have to do research on that but in all my years of Oscar watching...as far as I can remember, yeah.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

very dry show overall. but i suppose that's what the academy wanted after last year.

A safe show easily stage managed by Kimmel. Nothing especially memorable either in a good or bad way and time given to the winners (only above the line though)

• Like 2

Quan practically tackling Harrison Ford when they won Best Picture was pretty lovely to see. Way to go, Everything Everywhere!

It’s truly remarkable to me that in the last few years, the Academy has awarded two incredible, entertaining, genre-defying films for Best Picture: first Parasite and now Everything Everywhere. Really thrilled. 

Peace,

Mine

• Like 2

Just now, Eric the Velocipastor said:

All told, one of the better show productions I felt. The cut to music was garbage and there's a couple cringy stuff like the Cocaine Bear, but a pleasant awards show with good speeches is a rarity for the Academy, so I commend it.

No stupid skits, which was great for a change. The focus was the awards which has been a rarity in recent years. Last year the hosts and presenters pretty much insulted the movies, this year they consciously went on praising the theatrical experience.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Curious what the reviews from the trades will look like. Overall it wasn't a very exciting ceremony, but given how the Academy's attempts to make the Oscars more "hip" in recent years have mostly fallen flat and, of course, coming off their most controversial ceremony possibly ever, perhaps this is what they needed. Mission accomplished if so.

• Like 1