filmlover

Thanksgiving | November 17, 2023 | Sony | Eli Roth

On 10/31/2023 at 4:30 PM, Boxofficerules said:

Are we calling this original or based on an IP? It’s technically based on something but I don’t think it’s known enough to help with BO.

It’s a tough one to decide if it’s original or not. It’s the full length of Eli Roth’s fake trailer so kind of? Grindhouse was such a non-event unfortunately that I don’t think it’ll help. 99% of the audience won’t have a clue. 

This is being dumped, marketing is nonexistent and it's being placed in smaller auditoriums everywhere. Probably doesn't help that they got these social media stars as a blatant piece of stunt casting (are we really supposed to believe Addison Rae was chosen because she knocked it out of the park in her audition and not for publicity purposes?) and they can't even promote it because of the strike.

5 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Feels like there is almost zero interest in this.

It’s a shame, because 11 million views for the main teaser trailer and 19 million for the full trailer showed interest. 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

This is being dumped, marketing is nonexistent and it's being placed in smaller auditoriums everywhere. Probably doesn't help that they got these social media stars as a blatant piece of stunt casting (are we really supposed to believe Addison Rae was chosen because she knocked it out of the park in her audition and not for publicity purposes?) and they can't even promote it because of the strike.

Yeh I seen a few posts back that the TikTok stars were obviously to promote, but they can’t. Can’t say I’m surprised that it’s getting 0 PLFs with all the other films out though.