Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

1 hour ago, baumer said:

From a strictly business point of view though, if Neve Campbell was asking what I heard then they were vindicated and right in not signing her. Scream has never been a hugely grossing series. It's always done well but never enough, in my opinion, to pay one person an astronomical amount of money. I want to see Neve back in scream 7 just as much as the next person. But she's not bigger than the franchise. And if she was asking or a large amount of money then I would not have signed her either.

Since the estimates keep going up I don't think it's gonna decline quickly. If it would be hurt by neves absence it wouldn't be pushing 45 million ow (when did a neve movie ever pull in 45 OW?) And the stu stuff is just a few butt hurt fan boys...

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1

Really good opening for Scream VI. I know you could make a case that the last one's run might have been dampened to some extent by opening near the peak of Omicron, but even so, the jump in opening weekend gross this time out is impressive. Definitely bodes well for the potential of a seventh installment if it has a solid hook.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Really good opening for Scream VI. I know you could make a case that the last one's run might have been dampened to some extent by opening near the peak of Omicron, but even so, the jump in opening weekend gross this time out is impressive. Definitely bodes well for the potential of a seventh installment if it has a solid hook.

No film with this many sequels that is hitting box office records with ease will stop at this juncture. Minimum of two more sequels before a hiatus.

• Like 1

watched this movie for the first time and it was pretty good. Like an alien invasion version of Scream. Wonder why it wasn't as successful like other Kevin Williamson movies like Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Guessing aliens are not as appealing to the young audience as masked killers

MV5BZTcwZGNiMWYtMTYwNC00MGVjLWI5OTQtODhk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

watched this movie for the first time and it was pretty good. Like an alien invasion version of Scream. Wonder why it wasn't as successful like other Kevin Williamson movies like Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Guessing aliens are not as appealing to the young audience as masked killers

MV5BZTcwZGNiMWYtMTYwNC00MGVjLWI5OTQtODhk

Love The Faculty! Strange release date though. 

17 minutes ago, Kyriacos said:

What are your predictions for Scream Mon-Sun next week? I believe it will be very close to 100M WW (95-100M) by the end of the week

Domestic?

45M OW, 18M next weekend, 12M Mon to Thur = 75M could be 70-80.

Arent the Saw films like the biggest, or one of the biggest horror franchises in terms of OW?.

I mean wasnt it like 4 or 5 films that opened 30+mil in a row, and that was like 10+ years ago.

Paranormal Acrivity too.

Edited by stuart360

1 hour ago, Kyriacos said:

What are your predictions for Scream Mon-Sun next week? I believe it will be very close to 100M WW (95-100M) by the end of the week

Getting a bad nor Easter in the north so after about Monday I expect worse then typical drops for any movie til about Thursday 

9 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Thrilled it's doing so well. It's a real good time.

The only thing nagging me is how Spyglass will be feeling so vindicated about short-changing Neve.

Huh. Thought you said you didn't like it. Guess I'm misremembering.