YM!

Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken | June 30th, 2023 | Kirk DeMicco (Vivo, Space Chimps) directs | Luca meets Aquaman

24 minutes ago, JWR said:

Kinda concerning that the marketing has been radio silent since March.

It is the sponsor of the Cinemark kid summer movie program...so starting 2 weeks before open, every parent taking the kids to the cheap Cinemark movies will see this trailer...

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It is the sponsor of the Cinemark kid summer movie program...so starting 2 weeks before open, every parent taking the kids to the cheap Cinemark movies will see this trailer...

Really? I'd like to see more on this.

The only thing about this is that Universal sponsors Cinemark's kids club. It doesn't mean that Ruby Gillman is going to a huge blockbuster. The late marketing does make me think it's going to be more of a Captain Underpants than a Puss in Boots. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

The only thing about this is that Universal sponsors Cinemark's kids club. It doesn't mean that Ruby Gillman is going to a huge blockbuster. The late marketing does make me think it's going to be more of a Captain Underpants than a Puss in Boots. 

yeah that's what I think too. Will have a hard time getting to $100 m dom, if it does.

• Like 1

Strange world was awful imho. That said this one looks terrible as well.

But it is a dreamworks film and I doubt it's even on their upper end of budgets. I think this is probably like a 60-65M budget film. So bombing like strange world is out of the question but I don't expect a hit either.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Strange world was awful imho. That said this one looks terrible as well.

But it is a dreamworks film and I doubt it's even on their upper end of budgets. I think this is probably like a 60-65M budget film. So bombing like strange world is out of the question but I don't expect a hit either.

Yep. Trolls 3 or Kung-Fu Panda 4 will help them bounce right back.

2 hours ago, Austin said:

I still find it hilarious that this is being released the same summer as TLM.

I think it has to be intentional. Got this trailer before watching TLM, and the audience had a laugh at the complete opposite portrayal of mermaids in that film. 

• Like 1