cookie

Best Animated Feature 2023

Eh, i think they're also more resistant to big budget movies that kinda suck. there are a couple examples of those you could pull out but far less than the globes. they're definitely a lot more generous to indie stuff.  Like i said I totally expected Mario to show up there. changes nothing to me. Still gonna miss here. It's too competitive a year for Mario.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think everyone is gonna be disappointed with these Robot Dreams, Nimona, Suzume etc predictions. The Academy doesn’t care nearly enough about this cat for awareness for ones like that unless it was a dead year. 

This is true for the general voting body that votes for the winner after the nominations are announced. They don't even bother watching all 3-5 nominated films of any given year and usually give it to the big Pixar/WDAS film unless there's an unignorable competitor like Spider-Verse or GDT's Pinocchio. This is why I think AtSV still has the higher chance to win than TBatH but it could go either way,

But the smaller body who compile the nomination list are very well-versed and the chances of them including all 3 of Nimona/Suzume/Robot Dreams over Mario and Wish are higher than Mario/Wish making it in. 

Across and Heron are the only locks for the nom as I see it. I think Elemental might make it in if they think it's too harsh to shut out Pixar/WDAS completely especially when Disney is already going through a rough patch.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

This is true for the general voting body that votes for the winner after the nominations are announced. They don't even bother watching all 3-5 nominated films of any given year and usually give it to the big Pixar/WDAS film unless there's an unignorable competitor like Spider-Verse or GDT's Pinocchio. This is why I think AtSV still has the higher chance to win than TBatH but it could go either way,

But the smaller body who compile the nomination list are very well-versed and the chances of them including all 3 of Nimona/Suzume/Robot Dreams over Mario and Wish are higher than Mario/Wish making it in. 

Across and Heron are the only locks for the nom as I see it. I think Elemental might make it in if they think it's too harsh to shut out Pixar/WDAS completely especially when Disney is already going through a rough patch.

A Wish nom would make it extremely obvious how small the smaller body that cares really is. 

On 12/15/2023 at 3:06 AM, Spidey Freak said:

I think Elemental might make it in if they think it's too harsh to shut out Pixar/WDAS completely especially when Disney is already going through a rough patch.

I don't think Elemental would get in out of pity. I think lots of people saw it and liked it.

Robot Dreams should get the nomination. 

Looking all the winners and runner-ups

1. ATSV

2. TBatH

3. Robot Dreams

4. TMNT

5. The Peasants (Chłopi)

TMNT, Nimona &Elemental are getting noms but less wins &runner-ups so far.

I still do have a unrealistic dream of Suzume getting into race which so far seems just impossible 

• Sad 1