SLAM!

SURVIVOR MUSHROOM KINGDOM Episode Zero: "Peach's Castle"

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast is Altaire @Rorschach @Roxanne @Wrath

We cut to inside the lobby of Peach's Castle.

SLAM!: Welcome back to the premiere episode of Survivor: Mushroom Kingdom. Let's watch the clips of this season's contestants reuniting and getting to know each other during the commercial break.

Cut to Asyulus, elcaballero, JJ-8, Rorschach, and Wrath.

JJ-8: Can you believe it? We're on Survivor again! WOOHOO!

Rorschach: I believe that's Mario's line.

Asyulus: It's been a while since I've been on a season. How different is it from then?

elcaballero: I mean, it's box office prediction. What's the worst that can happen?

Wrath: ...

Confessional - Wrath: This is a strong season. I can sense it. Now I just have to figure out how to get to the end...

Cut to Alex SciChannel, DetectiveAI, Jack Sparrow, and Roxanne.

Roxanne: I wish I lived in a castle like this... This place is decked out, especially with these paintings.

Alex SciChannel: From the looks of things, this will be a million bajillion times zanier than last season.

Jack Sparrow: Yo ho ho! Argh you ready!

DetectiveAI: Oh... We won't have to deal with pirate puns, will we?

Jack Sparrow: Oh, I didn't mean to annoy you! I'll maroon the puns... Er, ditch them.

DetectiveAI: Bah...

Jack Sparrow: ...

Confessional - Jack Sparrow: This is already much harder than I thought...

Cut to Cap, DAJK, Ethan Hunt, and Goldenhour36.

Cap: 😒

Ethan Hunt: 😐

Goldenhour36: 😤

DAJK: 🥴

Confessional - Cap: Ugh! I'm so over getting blindsided. This season, I'll make sure I'm not the blind-side-ee. They'll see I'm no Sandra.

Confessional - Goldenhour36: I need to find players that I can be loyal to. I know firsthand the danger of trusting the wrong players...

Confessional - DAJK: I, uh, might've been a little too villainous last time, ha ha...

Cut to Agafin, The Dark Alfred, Fancyarcher, Morieris, and Reddroast.

Reddroast: Ah, shoot. Here we go again.

Morieris: YAY! I've been DYING for a second chance, you guys!

The Dark Alfred: Make that two, for real, talkin' bout.

Fancyarcher: Good to see you again, my friend.

(Agafin nods back.)

Confessional - Agafin: This time... I won't hold back.

SLAM!: All right, so now that you've had a chance to reconnect... It's time to announce the teams. Toadsworth? I'll let you do the honors.

Toadsworth: Excelsior!

Toads come and bring out floating item blocks; one gold, one silver, one bronze.

ToadsworthA few of you competed for a chance to become a tribe leader. Let's discover who the Tribe Leaders are! (the characters in the skit do not know who they are yet)

Toadsworth hits the gold block: "Morieris!"

Toadsworth hits the silver block: "Ethan Hunt!"

Toadsworth hits the bronze block: "elcaballero!"

Morieris's jaw drops. Ethan Hunt smirks. elcaballero breaks into a cold sweat.

Confessional - Morieris: (pumps fist in the air) YES YES YES! As a Tribe Leader, I can chart my way to success!

Confessional - Ethan Hunt: I mean, I'm a big player either way, I might as well capitalize on it.

Confessional - elcaballero: Oh dear. Um. I didn't expect to win this. gulps

Toadsworth: Can the Yoshi Devotees and the Survey Skippers stand in a row?

DetectiveAI, Reddroast, Rorschach, Asyulus, DAJK, and JJ-8 stand in a row.

Toadsworth: Morieris. Please choose one player from each group to join your team.

Morieris: Yay! I choose DAJK and Rorschach.

(DAJK and Rorschach exchange glances before joining Morieris.)

Toadsworth: Ethan Hunt. Please choose one player from each group to join your team.

Ethan Hunt: Uhh... JJ-8.

JJ-8: All right! (does a cart wheel)

Toadsworth: Your second choice, sir...

Ethan Hunt points to Reddroast, whose eyes light up... Before Ethan redirects his pointer finger toward DetectiveAI. Everyone gasps.

Ethan Hunt: DetectiveAI.

DetectiveAI points at himself like, "me?" Then he stands next to Ethan Hunt.

Confessional - DetectiveAI: Ethan Hunt picks me, and to be honest, I don't know what to think. He'd be a fantastic player to be allies with, but... Is it too good to be true?

Confessional - Ethan Hunt: (picks at his nails) Oh, I just needed to cover up my tracks cuz I beat Reddroast in that sudden death round last season...

Reddroast: (crosses his arms🤨

Confessional - Reddroast: He chose a newbie over me? I see how it is. But I won't worry about it. I'll make it through the merge and then vote him out! Then we'll see who gets the last laugh!

(And so begins the rivalry Hunt v. Roast.)

Toadsworth: Asyulus and Reddroast will join elcaballero.

They stand next to elcaballero, who nervously rubs the back of his head.

Confessional - Asyulus: So I end up being a third place pick, which makes me a little bit nervous... But you know what? Everyone loves a good underdog story. And I'll prove myself as the underdog to beat!

SLAM!: Tribe leaders. Please write down another name to secretly add one player to your tribe.

Morieris and Ethan Hunt write down names, but elcaballero hands in a blank piece of paper.

Confessional - elcaballero: I couldn't decide.

SLAM!: All right! Here's this season's tribes!

Spoiler

THE KOOPA SQUAD

DAJK

The Dark Alfred

Goldenhour36

Morieris*

Rorschach

Roxanne

THE GOOMBA SQUAD

Agafin

DetectiveAI

Ethan Hunt*

Jack Sparrow

JJ-8

Wrath

THE POKEY SQUAD

Alex SciChannel

Asyulus

Cap

elcaballero*

Fancyarcher

Reddroast

Toadsworth: Can one of you kind servants inquire if the Princess is done baking her premiere celebration cake?

Magenta Toad: About that...

(Magenta Toad whispers to Toadsworth. He gasps.)

Toadsworth: She's been kidnapped!

Cap: Yeah, no s***. This is a Mario thing.

Toadsworth: Please rescue the princess! She must be somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom!

SLAM!: Don't worry, Toadsworth. The contestants and I will travel all across the kingdom to search for Peach. But we'll have to vote some of them out along the way!

(Everyone groans.)

SLAM!: Please brush up on this

GENERAL INFORMATION...

Spoiler

Wario's Warehouse (earning coins)

The shop where players buy advantages used to be called the Tuck Shop... But this season, I've rebranded it, and it's now called WARIO'S WAREHOUSE. This is because Wario and Waluigi are the store managers.

Every player starts this season with five coins (in order to pay homage to Mario Party). You can earn coins by doing well in challenges or by doing impressive things (such as surviving) during Tribal Councils. Speaking of which:

Tribal Council Information

So once in a while, your tribe might lose the weekend challenge, and you'll have to send me your votes for which tribemate you want to eliminate. You'll also have a chance to win tribal immunity by winning a tribal prediction challenge; more information will be shared as it because more relevant to the game!

However, this season has a new rule inspired by other online Survivor games that I've been a part of. Starting this season, if a player doesn't tell me who they want to vote out, the game will interpret that as a self-vote... So not sending in a vote could lead to your downfall! So for tribal councils, please don't forget to vote!

Oh, and if you're on the tribe that goes to Tribal Council, but you've won individual immunity by being the tribe's highest scoring player, you still need to vote. Immune players who don't vote at tribal get a -10% deduction on their next weekend challenge score.

And here is this season's first

IMPORTANT INFORMATION DOSSIER

(Wario's Warehouse/Next Weekend Challenge)

Spoiler

Wario's Warehouse

The Warehouse is officially open for business!

Every week, a subset of items will be on sale. Buy a quick boost now, or wait for something better down the road!

Red Mushroom - 3 Coins (Gives your weekend predictions a boost of 3%; this can also be used on another tribemate.)

Poison Mushroom - 3 Coins (Decrease a specific player's prediction average by 3%.)

Double Cherry - 6 Coins (Doubles your vote at tribal council.)

- you can only use one per tribal

Warp Pipe - 7 Coins (Copy another player's average score and use it as your own.)

Message me to buy any item you want, any time to want to buy it. To tell me that you're using an item you've bought, message me by the corresponding prediction deadline of the weekend challenge or tribal council you'll be using it for!

Coin Totals

Agafin - 5

Alex SciChannel - 5

Asyulus - 5

Cap - 5

DAJK - 5

The Dark Alfred - 5

DetectiveAI - 5

elcaballero - 5

Ethan Hunt - 5

Fancyarcher - 5

Goldenhour36 - 5

Jack Sparrow - 5

JJ-8 - 5

Morieris - 5

Reddroast - 5

Rorschach - 5

Roxanne - 5

Wrath - 5

WEEKEND CHALLENGE #1

Here's the films you'll predict three-day weekend grosses for next week:

Air: Courting a Legend

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

His Only Son

John Wick Chapter 4

Paint

Shazam: Fury of the Gods*

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

* = Whoever gets the most accurate Shazam prediction will secretly receive a brand new item...

Predictions are due by Thursday, April 6th around 11:59 PM PST. Good luck!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 1

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @Ethan Hunt @elcaballero @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @JJ-8 @Jack Sparrow @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Roxanne @Wrath

🪠🚽🥸

Mario: Oh, hello there, I can’t talk much because I’m in the middle of a plumbing job, the toilets can’t plunge themselves after all, but I’m here to remind you on SLAM’s behalf that Weekend Predictions are due by tonight at 11:59 PM PST if you have not submitted predictions already. You can send them (to SLAM!) through forum PM or through Telegram, whichever one is more convenient. You can still submit if you’re a little bit late, but do try to be reasonable; I cannot accept predictions after Thursday preview numbers are announced. So the hard deadline for this weekend is whenever the Thursday preview numbers are announced. Thanks and good luck! 

Edited by SLAM!

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Roxanne @Wrath

🚦PANIC REMINDER 🚦

This is a PANIC REMINDER to remind anyone who hasn't sent in predictions yet to send in their weekend predictions by tonight at 11:59 PM PST. Don't PANIC if you miss that time by a little bit because I will accept predictions if they are before the announcement of the Thursday preview number. This is your FINAL REMINDER for this weekend, let me know if you have any questions, thank you and good luck!

7 hours ago, Goldenhour36 said:

There are no thursday previews though unless you waiting on Paint which the distributor (IFC) doesn't release thursday numbers. 

😩 You're right. I was hoping to wait until an official Thursday number.

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Roxanne @Wrath

SLAM!: Hello survivors! I'm pleased to announce that tonight's weekend challenge episode is already written, so results should be coming somewhat earlier than usual. You'll learn more about tribal council (and its due dates), and you'll also get information about the next weekend challenge. Also, pay close attention to the words in the episode... That's all I'll say! 👀

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 3