The Wild Eric

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

1 minute ago, XXR Metro Boomin said:

Huh?

With a 32m Wednesday and 26m Thuraday there is literally no way it can go lower than 150m and that's being hyper conservative. That would imply you think it will stay flat from Thursday for all three days if the weekend which is just not going to happen.

Just now, DisposedData said:

With a 32m Wednesday and 26m Thuraday there is literally no way it can go lower than 150m and that's being hyper conservative. That would imply you think it will stay flat from Thursday for all three days if the weekend which is just not going to happen.

Staying flat from Thursday for the next 3 days would be 136M. Saying 140 5-day is "locked" means exactly what it says. If you think it's doing 160 then you also think 140 is locked :)

7 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Incredibles 2 🙂

If you had said superhero movies instead of comic book movies that would count! 😏

Although that's all just semantics, I suppose. Ah well, just me being silly.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
6 minutes ago, datpepper said:

If you had said superhero movies instead of comic book movies that would count! 😏

Although that's all just semantics, I suppose. Ah well, just me being silly.

waltergotme.gif

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shawn said:

2010s: Disney, Pixar, Comic Book Movies

2020s: Universal, Illumination, Video Game Movies ️️

🤔

Interesting proposition. 🤔 

But I don't see Universal coming close to the same financial windfall as Disney. 

Disney had a ton of Marvel characters, a ton of successful Pixar franchises and a ton of animation classics to remake, then they had Star Wars too.

These movies dominated the top 20 worldwide.

Universal has Jurassic Park and Fast and Furious which are on a downward trajectory. And Minions along with Nintendo Cinematic Universe. But not much of this stuff is crossing 1 billion at this point.

TL;DR

Universal has long way to go to match peak Disney.

11 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Early 2010s was YA novel adaptations. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight etc

Only Harry Potter could hang with the big boys worldwide.

Star Wars, Avengers, Frozen, The Lion King were all approaching 2 billion while the best of the YA was squeaking past 1 billion.