SLAM!

SURVIVOR MUSHROOM KINGDOM Episode One: "Mario's Pipe Zone"

@Agafin @Asyulus @Alex SciChannel @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Roxanne @Wrath

*The survivors line up in front of exactly six warp pipes: a green pipe, a red pipe, a golden pipe, a green pipe, an orange pipe, and a magenta pipe.*

Mario: Hello! One of the things I love to do most with my life is travel down giant pipes, which is why today I’m passing that love onto you. So for the first challenge, please race through the pipes and enter your predictions, because Bowser’s Castle is on the other side of the flagpole and Princess Peach needs to be rescued. Only three players per pipe though, because their destinations can get cramped. Thanks, I’m gonna go play Tennis.

Cap: Wait… You’re not rescuing Peach yourself? You know what game you’re from, right?

Mario: Why do anything productive when you can just play tennis instead?

Rorschach: Hmm… Reminds me of a certain former president!

SLAM!: All right, survivors. Get into groups of three for each pipe and get ready to begin the challenge.

*While everyone’s getting ready, Reddroast elbow-bumps Jack Sparrow.*

Reddroast: Psst. Dude. Can you do me a favor?

Jack Sparrow: Uh… Sure! What’s up?

Reddroast: Can you give this letter to Ethan for me? It’s about what happened last time.

Jack Sparrow: Um… Okay!

*Jack Sparrow takes the letter.*

Reddroast: Heh heh heh…

Confessional – Jack Sparrow: So Reddroast hands me a letter, and I’m like, wow! I’ll surely get some airtime from this pivotal moment! Plus, it’s an opportunity for friendship! So I’ll deliver this letter to Ethan lickity-split!

Confessional – Reddroast: I’m counting on Jack Sparrow to deliver the letter to Ethan lickity-split. It has a special surprise…

SLAM!: All right. Can the groups of three line up at their preferred warp pipe?

*DAJK, The Dark Alfred, and Roxanne pick the Red Pipe.*

*Goldenhour36, Morieris, and Rorschach pick the Blue Pipe.*

*Ethan Hunt, Jack Sparrow, and Wrath pick the Golden Pipe.*

*Agafin, DetectiveAI, and JJ-8 pick the Green Pipe.*

*Asyulus, Cap, and Fancyarcher pick the Orange pipe.*

*Alex SciChannel, elcaballero, and Reddroast pick the Magenta pipe.*

SLAM!: The last tribe to make it to the flagpole will be sent to tribal council, so don’t dilly dally! Ready, set, go!

*Agafin, DetectiveAI, and JJ-8 warp to a land with lots of mushroom platforms.*

JJ-8: Woo! Mushroom platforms!

DetectiveAI: Is, uh… Is he always like this?

Agafin: I dunno, he wasn’t on last season.

JJ-8: I want to do backflips!

JJ-8 starts bouncing on the mushrooms and doing backflips.

DetectiveAI: It looks like…

Agafin: …a trampoline!

Agafin starts bouncing, and DetectiveAI follows.

JJ-8: Woohoo-WOAH!

JJ-8 bounces on the edge of a red mushroom, which sends him flying onto a green mushroom.

DetectiveAI: Wait. Stop bouncing.

The others stop and listen in.

DetectiveAI: We don’t want to bounce on the edges. Doing so could send us into the gorge.

Agafin: You’re right… I wouldn’t want to fall off this…

JJ-8: But I wanna bounce!

DetectiveAI: JJ-8. Listen to me.

JJ-8: Aah! Fine!

The three bounce carefully across the mushrooms.

Confessional – DetectiveAI: JJ-8 seems like an eager competitor, but he’s no use to the tribe if he falls to his death. So yeah.

Confessional – JJ-8: Can’t a man bounce on giant mushrooms if he wants to?!

Confessional – Agafin: DetectiveAI… I think I like the guy.

*Goldenhour36, Morieris, and Rorschach find themselves in an underground area filled with water.*

Goldenhour36: Glub?! <Are we underwater?!>

Rorschach: Glub glub… <SLAM’s gonna get sued for this.>

Morieris: Glub! <Guys! Look!>

A school of seven Cheep Cheeps swim by.

Morieris: Glub glub! <These are the cutest, plumpest fishies I’ve ever seen!>

Rorschach: Glub. <Sounds like SLAM got a letter or two from fans telling him to put more Cheep Cheeps in his show.>

Goldenhour36: Glub? <How do you know there were Cheep Cheeps last season?>

Rorschach: Glub! <I watched last season on TV!>

Goldenhour36: Glub. <Word. That’s what’s up.>

Morieris: Glub?! <Uh… That one doesn’t look so nice!>

A Cheep Cheep with spikes on it swims up to them.

Morieris: GLUB!! <Aah! Swim away!>

They swim away.

Confessional – Goldenhour36: Rorschach seems like a cool guy. And if he watched last season, that means he knows how dangerous of a player DAJK is…

Confessional – Morieris: Hold on, there’s water in my ear.

Confessional – Rorschach: Glub—I mean, I’m not sure if Morieris is cut out for the Tribe Leader position. To be fair, she did get scared of a fish just now…

*Alex SciChannel, elcaballero, and Reddroast find themselves in a rocky cave.*

Alex SciChannel: It looks to me like one of those underground Mario levels comprised of gemstones and such!

Reddroast: Yeah, and that’s probably exactly what it is.

elcaballero: Well, uh… I’ll lead the way I guess?

They march through the cave and come across one Hammer Bro, who throws hammers at them.

elcaballero: Shoot, uh… Let’s hide behind this rock!

They hide behind a rock. More hammers get thrown.

Alex SciChannel: Dang, he’s got a never-ending supply of hammers just about.

elcaballero: We need to think of a way to get past this guy, or we’ll never make it to the flagpole…

Reddroast: I know what I’ll do! I’ll jump out, he’ll throw them at me, and I’ll Matrix-dodge them!

Alex SciChannel: Well, yeah, that sounds pretty good to me.

elcaballero: And when he’s throwing hammers at Reddroast, I can run out there and tackle him to the ground. How’s that?

Alex SciChannel: That also sounds pretty good to me.

elcaballero: Okay, uh… Ready, set, go!

Reddroast jumps out and Matrix-dodges hammers. elcaballero hurries to the Hammer Bro and tackles him.

Confessional – AlexSciChannel: If they want to put themselves in danger, they can knock themselves out. I just said what I needed to say to guarantee that a hammer wouldn’t hit me.

Confessional – Reddroast: I’ll Matrix-dodge anything I need to if it means I survive to the end!

Confessional – elcaballero: Wow, I think I might be getting the hang of this leader thing…

*Ethan Hunt, Jack Sparrow, and Wrath find themselves in a paint studio. Wrath picks up a note and reads it aloud.*

Wrath: “Inspired by Mario Paint, this challenge tasks you with painting a canvas painting of a Mario character of your choice, after which you will gain access to a warp pipe that goes directly to the flagpole.” Well, that’s neat and all, but… I’m not very artsy.

Ethan Hunt: Neither am I, tbh.

Jack Sparrow: Ethan! Read this letter! Maybe it’ll help!

Ethan Hunt opens the envelope…

Spoiler

“Ha ha! Poison mushroom! – Redd”

800px-Poison_Mushroom_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.p

Confessional – Ethan Hunt: It’s quite an unpredictable move, I’ll give him that.

Wrath: So, uh… What now?

Jack Sparrow: Can I paint a picture? Pretty please? I got an arts degree from ECU!

Ethan Hunt: Uh… Knock yourself out.

Jack Sparrow mans the paint station.

Wrath: Psst, Ethan… What’s your game plan for this season?

Ethan Hunt: You’ve got balls of steel asking a player like me a question like that.

Wrath: Well, as far I’m concerned, there’s an old adage… “If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.”

Ethan Hunt: What do you mean?

Wrath: It makes sense to me that the most cunning and ruthless players call a truce. We’ll predict each film together in a way that leaves the competition in the dust. What do you say?

Ethan Hunt considers… They shake hands.

Ethan Hunt: I like the way you think, Wrath.

Jack Sparrow: Guys! Look!

Jack Sparrow has finished a painting of Mario.

Jack Sparrow: I painted Mario!

Wrath: If you mean Mario’s distorted face from the Super Mario 64 select screen, I’d say you did a pretty good job.

Jack Sparrow: Wow! Thanks!

Wrath: 

Confessional – Ethan Hunt: I have no intention of sticking with his truce long-term…

Confessional – Wrath: If I must vote him out at any point, I won’t hesitate… Ha ha ha!

Confessional – Jack Sparrow: Won’t you look at that! I’m already making friends!

*DAJK, The Dark Alfred, and Roxanne find themselves in a jungle filled with Piranha Plants.*

DAJK: Looks like we’ll have to get through these Piranha plants to get to the flagpole!

The Dark Alfred: Say no more, bro!

The Dark Alfred stomps on the Piranha Plants’ heads, turning them into coins. DAJK dashes through the jungle with ease, jumping through the air and doing fancy corkscrews and backflips to avoid their jaws. They reach the other side of the jungle, but someone’s missing.

The Dark Alfred: Wait… Where’s what’s-her-name?

They turn and see Roxanne across the jungle, who’s seated at a dining table with Petey Piranha.

DAJK: Roxanne! Come on! We have a challenge to win!

Roxanne: You guys go on ahead, I’m having some Chicken Parmesan with Petey Piranha.

DAJK: But Roxanne! We won’t be the tribe that wins the challenge if you don’t participate!

Roxanne: But fellas. It’s Chicken Parmesan. With Petey Piranha.

The Dark Alfred: Dang, she’s got a point. Let’s go.

They leave Roxanne behind.

Roxanne: So, Petey. How’s your plant life?

Confessional – DAJK: I slayed that challenge, only for Roxanne to fall behind! I’m irritated!

Confessional – The Dark Alfred: I can’t complain, you know, we’re gonna lose a challenge, but, you know, that’s life, you know?

Confessional – Roxanne: The way I see it, if you have a chance to eat chicken parmesan with Petey Piranha, you take it. And let me tell you, that chicken parmesan was delicious!

*Asyulus, Cap, and Fancyarcher find themselves falling through the sky!*

Fancyarcher: What, uh, ah, AAH!

Cap: We’re falling!

Asyulus: We don’t have any parachutes!

Cap: You’re making it sound even worse!

Asyulus: You think it can get any worse?!

Fancyarcher: Quick! Grab those Propeller Mushrooms!

They touch the Propeller Mushrooms and gain the power-up from New Super Mario Bros. Wii where they’re now wearing Propeller suits.

Fancyarcher: Phew… Now we have an advantage. We can land right at the top of the flagpole with these on!

Bowser Jr. flies in on his Junior Clown Car.

Bowser Jr.: You think you can propel better than I can? I don’t think so!

Cap: Are you finished with all your math homework? I don’t think so!

Asyulus: Uh… Did you just insult Bowser’s only son?

Bowser Jr.: Waah! I’m telling my daddy on you! (flies away)

Asyulus: Great. Now Bowser’s mad at us.

Cap: Don’t care, tbh. A boy like Bowser Jr. should be doing his math homework. Bowser needs to be more responsible as his dad.

Fancyarcher: Oh, he’ll be responsible… At roasting our butts, that is!

Confessional – Asyulus: I like this propeller suit, but the helmet’s a little too big.

Confessional – Cap: What’s with all these Mario characters having apathetic attitudes?

Confessional – Fancyarcher: I admire Cap for her bravery, but we don’t know if we have to interact with Bowser this season! For all we know, Bowser could be hosting the very next competition!

*Everyone except for Roxanne reaches the flagpole and puts their predictions in.*

SLAM!: All right! Let’s see the results.

THE KOOPA SQUAD

Spoiler

DAJK - 82.22% (individual immunity winner)

Rorschach - 72.29%

The Dark Alfred - 67.36%

Goldenhour36 - 58.16%

Morieris - 40.57%

Roxanne - 0.00% (dns)

Tribe Average: 53.43%

Roxanne: Hey, I'm back from the chicken parmesan! What did I miss?

(The other Koopas glare at Roxanne.)

Roxanne: What?

THE GOOMBA SQUAD

Spoiler

Agafin - 72.58%

DetectiveAI - 71.03%

JJ-8 - 70.68%

Wrath - 68.03%

Jack Sparrow - 61.42%

Ethan Hunt - (55.66 - 0.03%) - 52.66%

Tribe Average: 66.07%

Ethan Hunt faints due to poison.

Jack Sparrow: Ethan!

Wrath: He looks ghostly white...

(DetectiveAI breaks into a cold sweat.)

JJ-8: What is it, Gumshoe?

DetectiveAI: ...It's poison!

(Agafin eyes the Pokey Squad...)

THE POKEY SQUAD

Spoiler

Fancyarcher - 74.89%

elcaballero - 72.45%

Cap - 70.85%

Reddroast - 69.71%

Alex SciChannel - 67.86%

Asyulus - 49.94%

Tribe Average: 67.61%

elcaballero: Go team! Thank you guys! Especially you, Fancyarcher.

Fancyarcher: I can't take all the credit. Redd's mushroom might've made a real difference.

Reddroast: (winks)

Asyulus sees the wink and frowns.

Confessional - Asyulus: Well, there's a million [fictional] dollars on the line, but... Is it really worth poisoning other contestants for? I'm conflicted...

SLAM!: It looks like The Koopa Squad will be heading to tribal council this week. DAJK has individual immunity because he was first place in the tribe, but everyone else is in danger of being eliminated. Fortunately, there's a chance to win Second Immunity! More information in the dossier.

Oh, and now's a good time to remind players that the first time a player misses the weekend prediction, it's a warning... But the second time means that it's an automatic elimination! So @Roxanne you're not eliminated yet, but the next time you miss the weekend prediction, you will be eliminated as per the rules!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION DOSSIER

(Wario's Warehouse | Tribal Council | Weekend Challenge)

Spoiler

Wario's Warehouse

The Warehouse is officially open for business!

Every week, a subset of items will be on sale. Buy a quick boost now, or wait for something better down the road!

Red Mushroom - 3 Coins (Gives your weekend predictions a boost of 3%; this can also be used on another tribemate.)

Poison Mushroom - 3 Coins (Decrease a specific player's prediction average by 3%.)

Double Cherry - 6 Coins (Doubles your vote at tribal council.)

- you can only use one per tribal

Warp Pipe - 7 Coins (Copy another player's average score and use it as your own.)

Message me to buy any item you want, any time to want to buy it. To tell me that you're using an item you've bought, message me by the corresponding prediction deadline of the weekend challenge or tribal council you'll be using it for!

Coin Totals

Ways to Earn Coins:

- Highest Score out of Everyone (5)*

- Highest Score on a 1st Place Tribe (5)*

- Highest Score on a 2nd place tribe (4)*

- Highest Score on a 3rd place tribe (3)*

- Score higher than the highest scorer on the 3rd place tribe (3)*

- Your tribe gets 1st or 2nd place (2)

- Save Yourself from Elimination at Tribal (5)*

- Win Second Immunity (3)*

Vote for the one who goes home (1)

- Survive Tribal Council (1)

* = I do not combine most earnings. If you are the highest scorer of the 1st place tribe, then I do not combine that with "being on the 1st place tribe," so you would earn 5 coins, not seven. If you save yourself from elimination and also vote for whoever goes home, you would earn 5 coins, not six. And so on. Let me know if you have any questions.

DAJK - 10

Fancyarcher - 10

Agafin - 9

Rorschach - 8

Alex SciChannel - 7

Asyulus - 7

Cap - 7

DetectiveAI - 7

elcaballero - 7

Ethan Hunt - 7

Goldenhour36 - 7

Jack Sparrow - 7

JJ-8 - 7

Wrath - 7

The Dark Alfred - 6

Morieris - 6

Reddroast - 4

TRIBAL COUNCIL - KOOPA SQUAD ONLY

Sorry Koopas, but you will be sent to Tribal Council. All team members must send me a message with who they wish to vote off the island. However, there is hope. The second immunity challenge is also listed below. Winning the challenge will make you immune from elimination for this week.

SECOND IMMUNITY: PREDICT THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY GROSSESOF...

Dungeon and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

John Wick Chapter 4

Scream VI

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

Votes are due by Wednesday at 11PM EST.

Second Immunity Predictions are due by Tuesday, April 11th at 11:59 PM PST.

(I recommend giving your vote alongside your second immunity predictions; you can always change it by Wednesday if you change your mind.)

Good luck to all of the Koopas!

WEEKEND CHALLENGE #2

Here's the films you'll predict three-day weekend grosses for next week:

AIR: Courting a Legend

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor among Thieves

Mafia Mamma

The Pope's Exorcist

Renfield*

Suzume

* = Whoever gets the most accurate Renfield prediction will secretly receive a brand new item...

Predictions are due by Thursday, April 13th around 11:59 PM PST. Good luck!

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Roxanne @Wrath

I somehow forgot to give you vital information yesterday! Everyone who participated last time unlocked a kart! Here's this week's cart:

KART UNLOCKED

MKT_Icon_BDasher.png

THE B-DASHER

How will karts factor into the game? Don't worry about that yet. You will learn about the function of the karts in due time!

Oh, and just to let you know... There's a hidden message in the episode! No one has responded to the message yet! I won't tell you how it's in there, but it might require thinking outside the box! Message me privately with your answer, or if you have any questions about it!

@DAJK @The Dark Alfred @Goldenhour36 @Morieris @Rorschach @Roxanne

As for the Koopas Tuesday Immunity predictions will be due tonight, with the vote due tomorrow! Good luck!

• Like 3

Attention Koopas!

The official deadline for Tuesday immunity predictions is 11:59 PM PST.

However, if you miss that date slightly, that's totally fine. I will not close submissions until the Tuesday estimates of the films you're predicting (DnD, John Wick, Scream, Super Mario) start getting announced on Wednesday morning.

Votes are due by 11:00 PM, the reason being that I can't post the tribal council until super late due to work! It'll be midnight at best. You'll wake up in the morning and see who got eliminated!

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

TRIBAL COUNCIL #1

SLAM!: Welcome, Coops, to this season's first tribal council, where one of you will become the first player voted out of Survivor Mushroom Kingdom. How's everyone doing tonight?

Goldenhour36: Um... 'How's everyone doing?' At a tribal council? Really?

The Dark Alfred: Don't worry, Golden, just think about those good vibrations, man!

SLAM!: All right, it's time to vote.

The approach the voting booth.

DAJK: (strokes the pen) How I've missed you...

The Dark Alfred: Hang loose, er, while you get eliminated!

Goldenhour36: (contemplates intently about decision)

Morieris: I hate this part of the game!

Rorschach: (whistles while voting)

Rorschach returns to his seat.

SLAM!: Roxanne? You gonna vote?

Roxanne: No thanks.

SLAM!: ...Understood. Cue the music.

SLAM!: If anyone has an advantage and you would like to use it, now would be the time to do so.

DAJK: (strokes chin)

Morieris: (files nails)

Rorschach: (adjusts glasses)

SLAM!: Let's begin by revealing the second immunity winner:

Spoiler

Rorschach with 94.33%!

Confessional - Rorschach: Someone has to make sure the plan goes smoothly!

SLAM!: I'll read the votes. First vote:

Spoiler

Goldenhour36

SLAM!: Second vote:

Spoiler

Morieris

SLAM!: Third vote:

Spoiler

Roxanne (self-vote)

SLAM!: Fourth vote:

Spoiler

Roxanne

SLAM!: First player eliminated from Survivor Mushroom Kingdom...

Spoiler

ROXANNE

SLAM!: That's three votes, that's enough, you need to bring me your torch.

The Dark Alfred: Dang, dude... That was a million dollar chicken parmesan...

Roxanne: And I have no regrets!

Roxanne brings her torch to SLAM!.

SLAM!: Roxanne? The tribe has spoken.

SLAM! snuffs the torch.

Roxanne: No hard feelings. Good luck everyone!

The tribe waves goodbye as Roxanne exits.

Confessional - Roxanne: Welp, it was fun while it lasted! See you on the other side!

SLAM!: Good night, Koopas.

The Koopas leave tribal council.

Confessional - DAJK: That was easy. Too easy... But I know better than most that Survivor is rarely, if ever, easy. I won't let my guard down just yet!

Post-Tribal Story Content

Spoiler

@Ethan Hunt wakes up in a laboratory.

Ethan Hunt: Huh? What happened?

???: Ah! You're awake!

A scientist swivels around in his chair, revealing himself to be Professor E. Gadd.

Ethan Hunt: E. Gadd!

E. Gadd: I was able to get most of the poison out of your system. Turns out, that poison mushroom was more toxic than it was supposed to be.

Ethan Hunt: Wait a minute–

E. Gadd: The poison sapped water from your body, so I've attached a water system onto your back.

Ethan Hunt: A... Water system?!

F.L.U.D.D.: Power-up complete. Scanning and classifying subject data. Subject identified as Ethan Hunt. Data storage complete. I am F.L.U.D.D.--a Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Ethan Hunt: (shocked Pikachu face)

E. Gadd: No need to come unglued, son! It'll only need this water supplement for about an episode's worth of time. Then you'll be good as new!

Ethan Hunt: I don't understand the science behind this...

(Suddenly, @Agafin enters.)

Agafin: Hey professor, here's that Wendy's Grilled Chicken Ranch Wrap you ordered...

Ethan Hunt: ...

Agafin: ...

E. Gadd: ...

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 3
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 2

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Wrath

🦷🧚‍♀️

Sprixie: Hello, I'm one of the Sprixies from Super Mario 3D World and I'm doing a side-hustle as a tooth fairy because Nintendo's getting stingy with residuals. But I will not replace your tooth with a quarter unless you remember to submit weekend predictions by tonight at 11:59 PM PST or before Thursday preview numbers are announced. Here's the films you're predicting:

AIR: Courting a Legend

Dungeon and Dragons: Honor among Thieves

Mafia Mamma

The Pope's Exorcist

Renfield

Suzume

Thanks for the tooth and good luck!

• Like 3

@Agafin @Alex SciChannel @Asyulus @Cap Says Roll A WIS Check @DAJK @The Dark Alfred @DetectiveAl @elcaballero @Ethan Hunt @Fancyarcher @Goldenhour36 @Jack Sparrow @JJ-8 @Morieris @Reddroast @Rorschach @Wrath

- Most players have sent in predictions, but there's still time if you haven't already!

- The players in at least one tribe still have a chance to earn the hidden message advantage!