Eric the Minion

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

30 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So I was reading the article you linked and it hit me when they brought up comic con..

actors will not be permitted to take part in promotional work of any kind, including press junkets, film premieres, and fan events like San Diego Comic-Con.”

wait, can actors still attend small fan conventions still? A lot of genre actors from old shows(Buffy, Star Trek, smallville,supernatural, etc) make a lot of their income from doing conventions doing signings,photos, and  q&a’s at those conventions so that would be awful for them. 

It's pretty much "No official promotion work. On your own time attend anything you want."

Basically nothing associated with a studio making them do it.

Just now, LegionWrex said:

Currently rooting for SAG and WGA to get those paychecks. Absolute kings and queens out there 

I was watching Fatman Beyond with Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin earlier and if SAG joins, it should be interesting. Getting the big Hollywood players picketing along side the writers would be wild.

These folks are scumbags and I don’t use that term lightly. 

https://deadline.com/2023/07/writers-strike-hollywood-studios-deal-fight-wga-actors-1235434335/

Receiving positive feedback from Wall Street since the WGA went on strike May 2, Warner Bros Discovery, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Paramount and others have become determined to “break the WGA,” as one studio exec blatantly put it.  

To do so, the studios and the AMPTP believe that by October most writers will be running out of money after five months on the picket lines and no work.

“The endgame is to allow things to drag on until union members start losing their apartments and losing their houses,” a studio executive told Deadline. Acknowledging the cold-as-ice approach, several other sources reiterated the statement. One insider called it “a cruel but necessary evil.”

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 3

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

https://deadline.com/2023/07/writers-strike-hollywood-studios-deal-fight-wga-actors-1235434335/

Receiving positive feedback from Wall Street since the WGA went on strike May 2, Warner Bros Discovery, Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Paramount and others have become determined to “break the WGA,” as one studio exec blatantly put it.  

To do so, the studios and the AMPTP believe that by October most writers will be running out of money after five months on the picket lines and no work.

“The endgame is to allow things to drag on until union members start losing their apartments and losing their houses,” a studio executive told Deadline. Acknowledging the cold-as-ice approach, several other sources reiterated the statement. One insider called it “a cruel but necessary evil.”

Okay, fuck Hollywood moguls. All of them.

4 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

People wonder if I've been too cynical about all of this, meanwhile I'm wondering if I haven't been cynical enough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

People wonder if I've been too cynical about all of this, meanwhile I'm wondering if I haven't been cynical enough.

Yeah this is a clusterfuck. We actually need to hope and push for an actual Babylon is falling scenario here, no other way around it.

10 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Holy shit. Anger-inducing isn't even enough to describe this, this is barbaric shit. Fuck them.

2 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Holy shit. Anger-inducing isn't even enough to describe this, this is barbaric shit. Fuck them.

Gonna guess this was leaked by the unions.  Too bad the AMTP  are such evil ghouls it won't even shame them one bit probably. 

5 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Gonna guess this was leaked by the unions.  Too bad the AMTP  are such evil ghouls it won't even shame them one bit probably. 

It’s from Deadline, lmao. The execs aren’t talking to the unions, let alone providing quotes to them. It’s ghoulish bluster.