Eric Prime

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Except isn't this what happened with the WGA? Showrunners met with the WGA just a week before they re-met with the AMPTP. Or am I wrong?

Yeah, but to me that’s a far lower level of “stardom” than biggest actors. I just don’t know how in touch they can really be. 

18 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Except isn't this what happened with the WGA? Showrunners met with the WGA just a week before they re-met with the AMPTP. Or am I wrong?

They didn't exactly meet. The meeting was cancelled after the talks between AMPTP and WGA restarted.

34 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, but to me that’s a far lower level of “stardom” than biggest actors. I just don’t know how in touch they can really be. 

It depends on what the rich actors really want with this meeting.

The biggest issue between AMPTP and SAG seems to be the 2% or 1% from streaming service revenue. In itself, that should be a good amount of money, but individual actors will not receive so much when this amount would br divided among many actors.

I'm not sure if the currently rich actors will find it worthy of keeping the strike going. 

Edited by Kon

The biggest people that have been screwed over because of these strikes are crew members. They have been given the short end of the stick and have all been out of work for the last 6 to 7 months.

I'm not siding with AMPTP but some of the demands of SAG just need to be cut because you're not seeing 2% revenue from streaming, that's just not gonna happen. You're also not gonna be payed to go out and audition, that is ridiculous.

At best you could maybe get .025% of streaming revenue and that's only if your show or movie is big.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The biggest people that have been screwed over because of these strikes are crew members. They have been given the short end of the stick and have all been out of work for the last 6 to 7 months.

I'm not siding with AMPTP but some of the demands of SAG just need to be cut because you're not seeing 2% revenue from streaming, that's just not gonna happen. You're also not gonna be payed to go out and audition, that is ridiculous.

At best you could maybe get .025% of streaming revenue and that's only if your show or movie is big.

Truthfully, only the biggest names in acting, directing etc can negotiate a percent of revenue deal, SAG can't realistically expect all their members to get a cut of revenue from streaming, not all actors are created equal. 

We have officially reached the "everyone is over it and wants things to get back to normal" stage of the strike.

tbh the actor's union, out of all the unions, being ridiculously overdemanding at first would fit perfectly in line with the common perception that Hollywood is full of inflated egos. :lol:

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We have officially reached the "everyone is over it and wants things to get back to normal" stage of the strike.

tbh the actor's union, out of all the unions, being ridiculously overdemanding at first would fit perfectly in line with the common perception that Hollywood is full of inflated egos. :lol:

I can envision Clooney sitting down with Fran with a cup of Nespresso and saying 'Fran, just get this done!'

33 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well there goes that shit

Huh, they seemed like reasonable ideas to help the union imo. Bottom up pay especially so the struggling actors get their paycheck first. The SAG is never getting that flat % off each subscriber like they advocated for, their streaming residual deal will be similar to WGAs, only based on how successful it is. Removing the $1m caps would at least help bridge the gap between the deal they'll get and the deal they want.

• Like 2

Just now, Jonwo said:

SAG? the AMPTP? Both?

I do think Fran and Duncan aren't painting themselves as competent and indeed the fact they've both gone on work trips (Italy for Fran and NYCC for Duncan)

Yeah...  it's not a great look.

Edited by JWR