Eric the Minion

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So it's sounding like the plan is to bring it up for a vote tomorrow, and then the strike ends.

Though idk if they won't start talking to SAG until it's ratified

I would imagine scheduling meetings with SAG will start soonish.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I assume picketing on The View and DWTS will stop. Will Matt Walsh technically be able to return? I assume that's if he withdraws, it won't be a huge issue since DWTS has reserves.

All WGA picketing has ended. They can join the SAG-AFTRA pickets though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I suspect that SAG-AFTRA's strike will end at the latest by mid-October now. At this point any movie release date moves are to fill holes in the schedule since 3 months of nothing happening is a pretty big gap.

I think scheduling changes were always likely, I think Thunderbolts will still make December 2024 but Mission Impossible and Deadpool 3 are moving but the studios were lucky that a lot of stuff was already in the can so it probably won't be too noticeable unlike with Covid.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think scheduling changes were always likely, I think Thunderbolts will still make December 2024 but Mission Impossible and Deadpool 3 are moving but the studios were lucky that a lot of stuff was already in the can so it probably won't be too noticeable unlike with Covid.

Mission: Impossible will probably do the one year delay thing to Summer 2025. Deadpool might go back to its original November release date before they moved it up under the assumption it would be a quick shoot.

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do think certain people who were proclaiming the strikes would be going on until 2024 are probably going to be eating humble pie.

They'll just move on to being cynical about something else. Doesn't matter if you're right, catastrophizing drives discourse.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Im not sure DR Part 2 is moving. MCQ has said most of the action stuff is done. If production is up and running by end of oct they can have it ready by it's june 28th date. Thunderbolts shut down when the writers went out. Nothing had been filmed. That's more likely to move into early 2025. 

25 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Im not sure DR Part 2 is moving. MCQ has said most of the action stuff is done. If production is up and running by end of oct they can have it ready by it's june 28th date. Thunderbolts shut down when the writers went out. Nothing had been filmed. That's more likely to move into early 2025. 

Deadpool 3 is moving for sure, they shut down right in the middle of filming on 7/14. Probably another 2 weeks until SAG strike is resolved. Three month delay, so they will probably switch with CA4's mid July date.

That or Nov if they desperately need the extra time.

Edited by Mojoguy

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Mission: Impossible will probably do the one year delay thing to Summer 2025. Deadpool might go back to its original November release date before they moved it up under the assumption it would be a quick shoot.

I did think it was strange that Captain America got moved when it was wrapped a lot sooner. I think that might end up moving back to May.

I could see Disney moving Snow White to May 31st, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes to July or August. Anything that's ADR or voice acted only like Mufasa and DM4 likely won't be affected as voice work can done within weeks if not days. 

Twisters is one I think maybe November or December? It's unlikely to make July but 2012 proved that you can make bank with a disaster film in November.

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Deadpool 3 is moving for sure, they shut down right in the middle of filming on 7/14. Probably another 2 weeks until SAG strike is resolved. Three month delay, so they will probably switch with CA4's mid July date.

Oh yeah, they said Deadpool would be delayed if it had to shut down for a month...and it's been multiple months. Once SAG strike ends expect a lot of shuffling from everybody.

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I did think it was strange that Captain America got moved when it was wrapped a lot sooner. I think that might end up moving back to May.

I could see Disney moving Snow White to May 31st, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes to July or August. Anything that's ADR or voice acted only like Mufasa and DM4 likely won't be affected as voice work can done within weeks if not days. 

Twisters is one I think maybe November or December? It's unlikely to make July but 2012 proved that you can make bank with a disaster film in November.

Disney having Elio/Snow White/Planet of the Apes/Inside Out 2 only for 2024 releases on that release date spreadsheet a while back after the SAG-AFTRA strike had already begun indicates they plan on keeping those where they are (March has become their favored month for live-action princess remakes). Captain America's initial move indicated that it might not be ready in time for early May but that depends on how much post work needs to be done on it. We'll see where everyone stands when the strike is over because everyone will have to move stuff around.

• Like 1