Eric the IF

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

SpiderVerse probably isn’t near ready animation wise. Can see Disney bunting Mufasa or Cap 4 there. Despicable Me 4 if needed could go there but thats about it.

Mufasa I think will move mostly because I think they want to avoid DM4 plus December is fairly empty. 

It's interesting that Sonic 3 wasn't mentioned, I would guess that the live action bits are not too difficult to film so can be done fairly quickly plus I think they've already done most of the VFX bits. They could shoot it in the Spring and be ready for December

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Mufasa I think will move mostly because I think they want to avoid DM4 plus December is fairly empty. 

I'm not entirely sure Despicable Me is making its July date considering Kung Fu Panda is still set for March and clearly isn't making that date (less than 4 months away and zero promotion efforts). Unless that's punting away from March all the way to the holidays or something.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm not entirely sure Despicable Me is making its July date considering Kung Fu Panda is still set for March and clearly isn't making that date (less than 4 months away and zero promotion efforts). Unless that's punting away from March all the way to the holidays or something.

The Illumination films are usually set in stone in terms of rewrites and TBH I can't imagine voice work takes much time and usually it's done way in advance. 

I think they are more willing to sacrifice KFP4 to a later date over DM4. 

I would imagine the SAG contract is going to be a template for other unions such as IATSE although the demands of crew is different from writers and actors since there isn't revenue streams involved. 

British Equity did suggest they were willing to strike next year but given British Equity has a much better relationship with the media companies such as the BBC, it's unlikely but also it's much harder to go on strike since you need a 50% majority and it's done by postal votes.

6 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Do you see how many people wanna cancel Noah Schnapp or 80% of Hollywood on Twitter and you have posts with like 40k likes and stuff saying to boycott Stranger Things 5 until Noah is no longer involved in the project. Like this shit is crazy and toxic. Social media is literally the biggest cesspool around.

It has been that way for a long,long, time.

I'm impressed how quickly actors have been able to booked for shows. Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson are on The Tonight Show tonight!

I would imagine Graham Norton is glad he can book Hollywood guests, he's had to make do with British actors and personalities for the last month or so.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I'm impressed how quickly actors have been able to booked for shows. Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson are on The Tonight Show tonight!

I would imagine Graham Norton is glad he can book Hollywood guests, he's had to make do with British actors and personalities for the last month or so.

They've been waiting this whole time for the strike to end.

Also, remember when I said the other day that they were probably going to have the Marvels cast surprise crowds over the weekend to make up for lost promotional time? Well, well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They've been waiting this whole time for the strike to end.

Also, remember when I said the other day that they were probably going to have the Marvels cast surprise crowds over the weekend to make up for lost promotional time? Well, well.

I can imagine Iman and Brie got the call shortly after the strike ended asking if they had an outfit to wear. 

I wonder how quickly Timmy will be scouted for Wonka, I imagine a UK premiere has to be on the cards for late November or the first week of December. 

https://deadline.com/2023/11/abbott-elementary-young-sheldon-episode-count-2023-24-season-1235599018/

Have to admit, I'm impressed they can produce 14 episodes of some of the sitcoms so quickly. I wonder if some shows might shoot back to back seasons. Surprised Grey's is only ten episodes but I wonder if the procedurals can be cranked out more quickly.

I wonder when Disney will add The Bikeriders back to the schedule or if they'll save it for next year since at least Hardy is too busy to promote it due to Venom 3. A Man Called Otto-style rollout of late December limited/mid January wide would seem like a good bet but wouldn't be surprised if they save it for some point next year.