Eric the IF

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

40 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah I'm betting Ghostbusters moves to the summer. That vague coming soon seems to lean toward that. 

they have 2 weeks to them selfs with their current date, despite a lot of things moving around putting that movie into the summer is a death sentence ( but Sony was never the smartest movie studio so)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

they have 2 weeks to them selfs with their current date, despite a lot of things moving around putting that movie into the summer is a death sentence ( but Sony was never the smartest movie studio so)

Give it time. The 2024 schedule will start to open up and some release shuffling will occur. Ghostbusters may not move, but it just seems like one that will. 

Woohoo! So glad it’s over and they got a deal they were happy with. The strike had a huge impact and it’s what the studios deserved for being greedy.

No more random directors standing alone on red carpets or producers no one cares about doing junkets and interviews. Phew. 

• Like 2

I could honestly see Clint Eastwood calling everyone up to film Juror Number 2 by next week to film a couple of scenes before Thanksgiving. Probably couldn't get the film wrapped but WB could potentially give it a late September release or December 2024.

2 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Sony is probably going double time on getting Addison Rae to make TikToks for Thanksgiving and getting Joaquin Phoenix ready for interviews on Napoleon.

Given how Phoenix rarely seems to truly enjoy doing press, I doubt they'll force him to on such short notice when the movie is out in less than two weeks. Expect Emma Stone to do all the talk shows for Poor Things though. And good for BCoop that he can now hit the campaign circuit hard for his new Oscar vehicle after making quiet appearances here and there this whole season.

Do you see how many people wanna cancel Noah Schnapp or 80% of Hollywood on Twitter and you have posts with like 40k likes and stuff saying to boycott Stranger Things 5 until Noah is no longer involved in the project. Like this shit is crazy and toxic. Social media is literally the biggest cesspool around.

16 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Do you see how many people wanna cancel Noah Schnapp or 80% of Hollywood on Twitter and you have posts with like 40k likes and stuff saying to boycott Stranger Things 5 until Noah is no longer involved in the project. Like this shit is crazy and toxic. Social media is literally the biggest cesspool around.

As with everything else, you gotta take the good with the bad. Just ignore these clowns who obviously live pathetic lives (and do nothing about it other than wallow in self-pity) and wish everyone else was as miserable as they clearly are.

To me, the biggest question is what takes December assuming Deadpool makes late July and Thunderbolts (which is a weak tentpole anyway) doesn't get done. Sonic isn't a film to carry the biggest month of the year and I doubt it will be ready anyway. Maybeeeee Spider Verse? Doubtful though.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

To me, the biggest question is what takes December assuming Deadpool makes late July and Thunderbolts (which is a weak tentpole anyway) doesn't get done. Sonic isn't a film to carry the biggest month of the year and I doubt it will be ready anyway. Maybeeeee Spider Verse? Doubtful though.

SpiderVerse probably isn’t near ready animation wise. Can see Disney bunting Mufasa or Cap 4 there. Despicable Me 4 if needed could go there but thats about it.