keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (4/17-20)

28 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

I'm on the 1.3b train

Would be fun and interesting to see if The Super Mario Bros Movie outgrosses some of the $1.3B+WW-grossing films like Harry Potter:DH2 (2011) for example. Cause it looks like Mario will outgross the final Potter movie DOM-wise this weekend.

I mean, who saw that coming years ago? 😲

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Slight Thursday increases in later April aren't unusual, due in part to it being a dump period, transition between Spring season and the Summer kick-off opening that first May weekend

A Jungle Book Th/Wknd multiplier gets Mario to $57M for weekend; I'd expect a bit higher, flirting with $60M, but won't rule out that it just blows by it too

• Like 3

Mario's been following Beauty and the Beast very closely for 10 days in a row - it's remained 30ish million ahead due to the bigger 5 day opening + holiday Monday.

Looking like we'll continue to see slightly higher weekdays for Beauty and higher weekends for Mario, maybe cancelling each other out or allowing Mario to gain a little more on Beauty thanks to the bigger weekends more than making up the lower weekdays. Still feels like a super solid comp, leads to a 550-570ish final.

Edited by Nate
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric Williams said:

Moderation

@Austin We don't do any of this "objectively bad take" stuff. People are allowed to like or dislike whatever they want.

Understood, I was just caught up in defending PiB2's run. Will keep in mind in future to reel it back.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

4.82M | THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE

667K | JOHN WICK IV

643K | AIR

591K | THE POPE'S EXORCIST

581K | DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES

541K | RENFIELD

456K | SUZUME

4.91M | THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE

645K | JOHN WICK IV

608K | AIR