keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (4/17-20)

Unlike past 2 days I have higher confidence on this number. It should be within a small % of actual tomorrow. I think this is a terrific hold that a family movie outside summer/holiday Monday is at this level. Its friday increase this weekend will be huge and saturday increase will also be bigger. That is where the action will be going forward. Plus very big increase on discount tuesdays as well. 

• Like 2

That drop looks bad on the surface but that’s still a better Monday hold than Sonic 2 despite a vastly better Sunday hold… give it Sonic 2 increases/drops from here on out and you won’t believe what the third weekend number would be…

Edited by superduperm
  • Like 1

Okay call it copium… but after drawing as many trends around Sonic 2 (our best comp) I actually think this isn’t just an okay or good number, it’s an excellent number and points to a really high 3rd weekend.

Sonic 2 dropped 29% on Sunday and then 83.2% on Monday to 810k. It then grossed 11.5M for the weekend.

Mario dropped 22.7% on Sunday and then if this holds it would be 82.4% on Monday to 5.35M. I’m not even going to post the 3rd weekend number you get with the Sonic 2 multiplier because it’s mind-blowing (and probably won’t be quite that high—but still it locks up $55M IMO and makes $60M very plausible).

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Okay call it copium… but after drawing as many trends around Sonic 2 (our best comp) I actually think this isn’t just an okay or good number, it’s an excellent number and points to a really high 3rd weekend.

Sonic 2 dropped 29% on Sunday and then 83.2% on Monday to 810k. It then grossed 11.5M for the weekend.

Mario dropped 22.7% on Sunday and then if this holds it would be 82.4% on Monday to 5.35M. I’m not even going to post the 3rd weekend number you get with the Sonic 2 multiplier because it’s mind-blowing (and probably won’t be quite that high—but still it locks up $55M IMO and makes $60M very plausible).

It's a bit of a reach to try to project weekend off monday that in-depth as mon is not that indicative of wknd to come. Still think 60 can be possible as well though.

57 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Mario dropped 22.7% on Sunday and then if this holds it would be 82.4% on Monday to 5.35M. I’m not even going to post the 3rd weekend number you get with the Sonic 2 multiplier

I will for funsies!

Friday: $16.7M

Saturday: $35.7M

Friday: $23.5M

3-Day: $75.9M

At which point the forum explodes.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I will for funsies!

Friday: $16.7M

Saturday: $35.7M

Friday: $23.5M

3-Day: $75.9M

At which point the forum explodes.

I expect nothing short of an 18% drop this coming weekend.