kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE | 309.3M overseas | 690.6M worldwide

Collider: "Chile, Australia, and France were the countries that enjoyed Miles' (Shameik Moore) adventures this weekend, as the movie performed strongly in said countries over the past couple of days".

No numbers though. I'm hopeful that Chile can pass Italy as the top 10 OS market, which would be a first for any movie. 

• Astonished 1

9 hours ago, salvador-232 said:

Collider: "Chile, Australia, and France were the countries that enjoyed Miles' (Shameik Moore) adventures this weekend, as the movie performed strongly in said countries over the past couple of days".

No numbers though. I'm hopeful that Chile can pass Italy as the top 10 OS market, which would be a first for any movie. 

😱

I think this is and Indy 5 are going to be the only holdovers that will barely survive next week explosion. Let's see if OS can compensate for the missing 10-15M from DOM so that it can end up around 315M OS and 385 DOM.

I honestly don't understsand why OS cares more for Elemental. I know that animated SM is a novelty there so it takes time to get used to it. But seeing how well Elemental is doing in Korea where SV did meh business despite Korea's love for the character is just baffling.

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I honestly don't understsand why OS cares more for Elemental. I know that animated SM is a novelty there so it takes time to get used to it. But seeing how well Elemental is doing in Korea where SV did meh business despite Korea's love for the character is just baffling.

Audiences outside of the anglosphere don't care for Lord and Miller movies.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The director of ELEMENTAL is Korean and the movie is his story so A LOT of Koreans relate to it. It's their story.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The director of ELEMENTAL is Korean and the movie is his story so A LOT of Koreans relate to it. It's their story.

Oh so that's it. I noticed that closing of small buisness is the theme and thought maybe that resonated but didn't know the director was a homegrown talent. 

@WorkingonaName Good point. 

Edited by Valonqar

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oh so that's it. I noticed that closing of small buisness is the theme and thought maybe that resonated but didn't know the director was a homegrown talent. 

@WorkingonaName Good point. 

It's actually more like immigration, racism, and generational pressure. Korean people know these things all too well. And I guess they like the romance part and the visuals, too.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It's actually more like immigration, racism, and generational pressure. Korean people know these things all too well. And I guess they like the romance part and the visuals, too.

yes they love romance. K dramas are all about that. Well there are revenge dramas but also with romance.

Worst drop in a while. -41%. Usually the Weekends aren't insanely great and similar-ish but Weekdays are crazy strong. Last 3 weekdays were sub-30, sub-25 and even 1 week at sub-20. The weekday drop was pretty harsh. MI7 opening early definitely nuked screens for weekdays. next weekdays should have a decent hold but next weekend will be just as, if not more, brutal.

Looking like 305-310M OS finish compared to 310M+ based on previous drops. Dom hold was strong and might have it at 385-390M. final will be 690M~ and if it can somehow hold somewhat okay next week, 700M might be possible. Otherwise, they can try labor day expansion domestically and maybe squeeze that last bit.

F1LLkqqaAAAx1Po?format=png&name=900x900

Edited by Bobzaruni

One thing they can do if they really want to squeeze every last bit of it is a Middle-East release alongside the Labor Day expansion stateside but I highly doubt that it's even in the realm of possibilities given the circumstances.

Edited by Bobzaruni