kayumanggi

BARBIE | 809.4M overseas | 1445.6M worldwide

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Asia seems too generic as definition. In south Korea and china numbers are not great. We need to wait for other markets, if i'm not wrong someone said in Indonesia pre sale numbers seems good. 

It should do well in the Phillipines, Singapore and maybe Indonesia too but those aren't big enough markets to affect asia entirely; if it blows up in Japan or breaks out in China, then this will go to the moon

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Asia seems too generic as definition. In south Korea and china numbers are not great. We need to wait for other markets, if i'm not wrong someone said in Indonesia pre sale numbers seems good. 

I meant in general, is the brand so popular over there also?
I'm not talking about the movie, but the Barbie brand.

9 minutes ago, Zamor said:

How much is the brand popular in Asia? Because here in Europe or in the West in general is very very popular.

Popular and Famous are different things,Barbie is very famous in China almost 99% people know what is this,but  not many people going to see the movie.

It’s something like Mickey Mouse or Hellokitty,it’s commonly known.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Thanks 1

There are so many brand is pretty well-known but not make much box office,like Superman,Mickey Mouse,Snow White,Hello Kitty,Pokemon etc.

Transfer the awareness to the actual box office is the lesson for every brand,you can gain awareness by marketing but let people willing to pay for the brand is another type of things.

Edited by Sophia Jane

the point is even in the Us and europe is not making records only because of how much the brand is famous or the smurfs or pokemoon would have been 3B movies.

it's big for a number of reasons ... brand popularity + robbie and gosling being respected actors giving gain to projects+ gerwig as director and other several cultural reasons. 

all these cultural points in asia probably are no factors 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Anyways i'm seeing in my country (Italy) where the movie is strong Is strong from 3 pm to 10.50 pm.

Maybe here where the public doesn't make any attention to what pg a movie has (is basically a non factor in the discourse) and in general people are less aware of Who Greta gerwig is, is also playing good with families in the early afternoon, and then mature audience are going until late night showings. Both are near to sold out. 

Yeah between the biggest markets we probably have one of the most uninformed public about cinema and movies, just to give one of the many examples I remember that when I saw The Batman in theater there were several parents with children under 10

Because in the end most of the casual public goes without seeing reviews, age ratings and in many cases not even the trailer...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah between the biggest markets we probably have one of the most uninformed public about cinema and movies, just to give one of the many examples I remember that when I saw The Batman in theater there were several parents with children under 10

Because in the end most of the casual public goes without seeing reviews, age ratings and in many cases not even the trailer...

absolutely right. 

I remember my Blade Runner 2049 screen being full of 6-10 years old kids cause the parents were probably thhinking was something like star wars 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

You guys remember Detective Pikachu?

• Haha 1

Second biggest presales ever here in Argentina.
https://www.cinesargentinos.com.ar/noticia/6860-barbie-logro-la-segunda-mejor-venta-anticipada-de-la-historia-en-argentina/

Barbie achieved the second best presales in history in Argentina
Barbie had a lot of normal previous promotion to the big tanks but also a lot of noise in the press because of what the famous Mattel doll represents in history but also the doubt with the present with so many cancellations.
How will the movie fare then?
Several cinemas reported advance sales that position it as the second best in the history of Argentina, being the best Spiderman that in December 2021 brought theaters back to life with a slap.
Cinemas in Gran Buenos Aires managed to start the day with thousands of sales just for today. A Recoleta movie theater has half of its theaters with the movie programmed, and they had to move what they had previously planned due to the great demand achieved.
Some optimists say that it will reach a million viewers in just 4 days, something that one of the Fast and Furious achieved at the time on a rainy Easter.
Can Barbie and Ken make it?
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Second biggest presales ever here in Argentina.
https://www.cinesargentinos.com.ar/noticia/6860-barbie-logro-la-segunda-mejor-venta-anticipada-de-la-historia-en-argentina/

Barbie achieved the second best presales in history in Argentina
Barbie had a lot of normal previous promotion to the big tanks but also a lot of noise in the press because of what the famous Mattel doll represents in history but also the doubt with the present with so many cancellations.
How will the movie fare then?
Several cinemas reported advance sales that position it as the second best in the history of Argentina, being the best Spiderman that in December 2021 brought theaters back to life with a slap.
Cinemas in Gran Buenos Aires managed to start the day with thousands of sales just for today. A Recoleta movie theater has half of its theaters with the movie programmed, and they had to move what they had previously planned due to the great demand achieved.
Some optimists say that it will reach a million viewers in just 4 days, something that one of the Fast and Furious achieved at the time on a rainy Easter.
Can Barbie and Ken make it?

Highest is no way home

4 hours ago, vale9001 said:

the point is even in the Us and europe is not making records only because of how much the brand is famous or the smurfs or pokemoon would have been 3B movies.

it's big for a number of reasons ... brand popularity + robbie and gosling being respected actors giving gain to projects+ gerwig as director and other several cultural reasons. 

all these cultural points in asia probably are no factors 

Smurfs aren't anywhere near as big. I think we all know why Pokemon didn't do well it was based on a Pokemon spin off. 

Edited by DisposedData