kayumanggi

BARBIE | 809.4M overseas | 1445.6M worldwide

I don't know what's wrong with Barbie in SK, especially considering the fact that Rosling and Robbie actually went there to promote. In Malaysia, both Barbie and Oppen are selling very very good. The only thing I can infer is that there is no Barbieheimer phenomenon in SK since Barbie and Oppen open on the different date. That is the only reason I can think of why Barbie sells so bad in SK on standalone basis. 

Just now, titanic2187 said:

I don't know what's wrong with Barbie in SK, especially considering the fact that Rosling and Robbie actually went there to promote. In Malaysia, both Barbie and Oppen are selling very very good. The only thing I can infer is that there is no Barbieheimer phenomenon in SK since Barbie and Oppen open on the different date. That is the only reason I can think of why Barbie sells so bad in SK on standalone basis. 

South Korea youth has extremely polarized views regarding feminism and gender relations.  If you look at the exit polls of the last presidential election you will see a ridiculous gender gap between the liberal and conservative candidate among 18-29 years old. That could be poisoning the well. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

If i'm getting right 4.8M american dollars first day in Brasil.

Bigggest first day ever after End game

You're right, 4.8m in US dollars, that 3 million first day that was reported earlier is wrong (maybe the 3 million were just early estimates).

• Like 1