Eric S'ennui

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

3 minutes ago, 21C said:

And I'm sure Jeff Loveness will get more work too, but my point is that Muschietti is not gonna remain in the DC ecosystem for much longer or at least not at a project for this magnitude. He's gonna find another decent gig with his first look deal with WB, but he is not gonna remain at Brave and the Bold (or any 200 million blockbuster for that matter) just like how Zhao and Loveness aren't getting another MCU flick. 

None of these people are entitled to 200 million dollars in budget. None.

Not sure about Loveness, I think the failure of Quantumania had a much bigger impact. 

Some movies are rejected enough to really hurt the career of their directors. Taika is still facing a hate train after Love and Thunder, and Loveness is being mocked nonstop for months. I think is really not productive to do that but it’s definitely a thing.

Some others get out of the situation just fine, like Raimi and Zhao where the bad reception didn’t seem to really hurt their brand.

Andy is still to be judged, let’s see if the previous successes will help him.

3 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Chloe will write and direct Eternals 2 because Feige understands that Eternals wad great 😎

Eternals best Phase 4 movie let’s goooo 

(I’m not kidding, i think time will be gentle with this movie despite it’s flaws).

• Like 1

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah it is, but for the studio. DC’s brand will recover.

I feel like people have been saying this every movie since Justice League..... which granted Aquaman came right after but that seems to have been a last breath

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not sure about Loveness, I think the failure of Quantumania had a much bigger impact. 

Some movies are rejected enough to really hurt the career of their directors. Taika is still facing a hate train after Love and Thunder, and Loveness is being mocked nonstop for months. I think is really not productive to do that but it’s definitely a thing.

Some others get out of the situation just fine, like Raimi and Zhao where the bad reception didn’t seem to really hurt their brand.

Andy is still to be judged, let’s see if the previous successes will help him.

Again, dude. I'm not saying that Muschietti's never gonna direct anything ever gain, just that he's not gonna direct a Batman movie that's crucial for WBD's upcoming 10 year long plans, which judging by the track record of every other creative that has been involved in a B Cinemascore CBM in the last 10 year, seems like an extraordinarily reasonable conclusion to make. Especially when you consider the studios where also high on some of these people

Edited by 21C
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Good Dinosaur also got an A Cinemascore just for full disclosure

Pixar had a way bigger good will from audiences in 2015 tho

They recently got A- for Onward and Lightyear [and Disney managed an B for Strange World] 

I think A for Elemental is really a reliable grade 

3 minutes ago, 21C said:

Again, dude. I'm not saying that Muschietti's never gonna direct anything ever gain, just that he's not gonna direct a Batman movie that's crucial for WBD's upcoming 10 year long plans, which judging by the track record of every other creative that has been involved in a B Cinemascore CBM in the last 10 year, seems like an extraordinarily reasonable conclusion to make. Especially when you consider the studios where also high on some of these people

But i barely talk about Andy lol, i was talking more about Loveness / Zhao and MCU people. 

Edited by ThomasNicole