baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

For someone who keeps saying is a huge admirer of Cruise is such a flex how Maggie is ALWAYS roasting literally every thing Tom Cruise does lol 

I would hate to have an admirer that hates me better than my actual haters, but i have to admit the posts are a fun reading sometimes 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

giphy.gif

Lmao. What I’m saying is that what is the appeal of an Ant-Man 3 film in Feb? What are the successful superhero films and arguably in general released in Feb? That’s Black Panther and Deadpool. Let’s say that the film was amazing - I still think you don’t get much better than what we got here, I’d argue that Ant-Man 3 is actually the best Ant-Man film ever done, but that isn’t saying much, since all the other two films are also low tier MCU - do you really think that would have done much better? What is the hook here? 

This is the list of OWs for February:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/release_top_opn_wkd_in_month/?in_occasion=february

Quantumania is third, and still fell from a cliff. My understanding here is that Quantumania didn’t have a hook. It’s fine, in the sense of all other Ant-Man films being fine at best. Not really a good hook, and I’d argue that it was also too safe. If there is a character that should have died to set up Kang properly, that was Scott Lang. But it was what it was.

Edited by ZattMurdock

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Barbie is fresher than a 7th movie in a franchise. If they make seven Barbie movies i'll call them out too

Just wait for the avalanche of Mattel bullshit movies in the next 5 years. 

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Lmao. What I’m saying is that what is the appeal of an Ant-Man 3 film in Feb? What are the successful superhero films and arguably in general released in Feb? That’s Black Panther and Deadpool. Let’s say that the film was amazing - I still think you don’t get much better than what we got here, I’d argue that Ant-Man 3 is actually the best Ant-Man film ever done, but that isn’t saying much, since all the other two films are also low tier MCU - do you really think that would have done much better? What is the rook here? 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/chart/release_top_opn_wkd_in_month/?in_occasion=february

Quantumania is third, and still fell from a cliff. My understanding here is that Quantumania didn’t have a hook. It’s fine, in the sense of all other Ant-Man films being fine at best. Not really a good hook, and I’d argue that it was also too safe. If there is a character that should have died to set up Kang properly, that was Scott Lang. But it was what it was.

What's the appeal of a Ant-Man 3 in any month

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

So the actual previews were 9.5 mil? Don't you think you panicked a bit there?

Does the Early Access really add that much to the preview number? You talking about 3 days worth of previews now not just one. So I don't really think it makes it that great or that horrible it just is what it is.

Ok so it’s 9.5M total actually and 7M true TUE and that’s not only very good but slighly better than what tracking thread was expecting (which would be 8-9M) 

Good sign for walkups and yeah 90-100M 5 day very much alive 

Not all the doom and gloom for this lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Welp... There's at least gonna be a Part Two for DR. Then, honestly, probably another one after that. This "tiring" part of his career is the only thing he's interested in and I don't see that ending even if DR somewhat underperforms. Far too earlier to call anything either way.

Wow Maggie is reacting exactly how I thought she would react based on numbers that may not even be confirmed yet. 

So it looks like a lot of films were flat on Tuesday and I'm wondering if that is simply because mission Impossible had previews last night. Or was there something going on on Monday that increase the numbers so much? It's not often films decrease or stay flat on a Tuesday.

Lots of doom and gloom here, which is standard it seems. Disappointing numbers considering what the initial tracking tread was leaning towards, but I still think this legs out. These films have always been backloaded. Doubt it will reach Fallout numbers simply due to the competition but I'm thinking it's closer to Rogue Nation (which missed $200M domestic, by the way).

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Lmao. What I’m saying is that what is the appeal of an Ant-Man 3 film in Feb? What are the successful superhero films and arguably in general released in Feb? That’s Black Panther and Deadpool. Let’s say that the film was amazing - I still think you don’t get much better than what we got here, I’d argue that Ant-Man 3 is actually the best Ant-Man film ever done, but that isn’t saying much, since all the other two films are also low tier MCU - do you really think that would have done much better? What is the rook here? 

AntMan 3 actually had a high launch and presales and got a lot of hype off the Kang thing. It tanked because it was poorly received, not because Feb. was an inherently bad slot for it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Wait the early access is NOT included? That might change things 

But now you're talking about 3 days worth of previews instead of just one. So youre at 9.5 million instead of 7.

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

where does that 9.5M come from? Source?

There's an extra 2.5 million dollars that the film made over Sunday and Monday. This is quoted in both Guru and deadline articles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1