CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

22 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

My last in theater was 1...but if you can find a $5 Atom code today, how can you beat MI stunts and action on screen for that price (and if you find one, you can book anytime for the next few weeks - just book it by 11:59pm tonight)...

Unfortunately, not an incentive for me, seeing haven't paid for a movie ticket in ... a very, very long time 😉 (except for special occasions and during the pandemic). The bigger hurdle these days is finding the time to go and watch even the movies I really want to see

Funny story: the youngest kids are now teens, so we've been trying to "educate them" on movies by having them watch some of the "classics" there were too young for, so I pulled up Mojo the other day and started to make a list of movies from 15-25 years ago. And then I realized I had seen something like 70-80 of top 100 films each year for basically a 5-10 year stretch (and the ones I hadn't I just care to see). Not all in theaters mind you, but roughly one a week on average. And that doesn't include the art house films that often didn't make a dent in BO but I was watching frequently. I don't even want to do the math on how cumulative hours we're talking about...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

If ATSV made 6.05M then maybe ELEMENTAL made close to 9M. No?

What a fucking beast is Elemental. Just saw your update on the international box office side of the boards and it;s absolutely insane that it has opened ahead of Mission: Impossible during the weekend, I’m very pleased by this, even if I’m just a very specific Pixar films kind of person, they deserved this to win.

• Like 2

WTF? I know MI isn’t that strong in some European countries but i never expect Elemental to outgross it on OW 

But nice, strong on Spain and let’s see that UK hold. Now it just needs Japan to do well and we can see 300M OS for it afterall

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

WTF? I know MI isn’t that strong in some European countries but i never expect Elemental to outgross it on OW 

But nice, strong on Spain and let’s see that UK hold. Now it just needs Japan to do well and we can see 300M OS for it afterall

Elemental's 2nd Saturday in UK was only down by 3% vs first Saturday...so seems like it has held well there

• Like 1
  • Astonished 5

It's doing franchise best start in the UK. The 3-day domestic OW is actually bigger than FALLOUT. By a little, but still. Can't knock a guy delivering franchise best start for a 7th entry. And we all know that DR2 will be bigger. 

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Apparently UK's second Saturday is just a 3% drop from last Saturday.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

Elemental's 2nd Saturday in UK was only down by 3% vs first Saturday...so seems like it has held well there

My God this is really a WOM beast everywhere 

They dropped the ball so hard with that awful marketing campaign

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

And to think just a month ago, people were saying this was the start of Pixar's demise and now they have egg on their face. We even had someone say Ruby Gillman would outgross Elemental. 

It's BOT being BOT. 🤣

• Thanks 1