Eric S'ennui

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Just me or there are more men than women?

Barbie tweets were getting lakhs of likes for past 1 year, do you think only females were liking those tweets when 60-70% of twitter audience are males?

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Barbie tweets were getting lakhs of likes for past 1 year, do you think only females were liking those tweets when 60-70% of twitter audience are males?

well it's a month there i'm saying it's not the "female drive movie" some people here thought is it...even if of course female driven...but someone was saying like 85% female 15% male like twilight and stuff. 😅

16 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

J5qEhbi.png

That isn't right.

The woman is Barbie, the little girl is Oppenheimer and the drowning boy is SOF.

This is MI7:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2JcU_j3a0NhUnvB3QXxd

Edited by Kon
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 4

33 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It gave Man of Steel (and Snyder) an appearance of high art.  So not only could they enjoy their comic book film, but they could pretend they were better than everyone else too. 

Moreover, it established a tone that works for Batman but not for the others like Superman (needed more positivity, more brighter colors). So they just trapped themselves into a hole they could not dig out of. IhMO

• Like 6

Must say it pleases me after all the handwringing over whether Robbie and Gosling are stars or not, the answer to that question is about to be a definitive "yes, they are." Especially after every image of them during the making of it went viral last year. Robbie's two ambitious flops last year were hardly her fault, while Gosling can be a proven draw in the kind of role his stans want to see him in, except he doesn't take on those kinds of roles often (the last performance of his that you could say fits that bill was...La La Land? Yeah, it was arguably that).

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Must say it pleases me after all the handwringing over whether Robbie and Gosling are stars or not, the answer to that question is about to be a definitive "yes, they are." Especially after every image of them during the making of it went viral last year. Robbie's two ambitious flops last year were hardly her fault, while Gosling can be a proven draw in the kind of role his stans want to see him in, except he doesn't take on those kinds of roles often (the last performance of his that you could say fits that bill was...La La Land? Yeah, it was arguably that).

I kinda think that there are two types of movie stars  nowadays:
1. Those that can boost excitement of a movie purely on their own.
2. Those that can boost excitement of a movie... if an specific IP is attached.

I think both of them fall into the latter camp. I still don't think they have the capacity to do big numbers for original films on their own, but the prospect of Gosling being Ken was too memeable that it helped a lot. It really has to be a combination of the right amount of fame + role to work. I'd say that Robert Pattinson as Batman was another example, and Joaquin as the Joker. People /knew/ them and were curious to see them in those roles. 

Edited by 21C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bainbridge said:

...nah.

100% sure he'll get the gig. Him and the Broccolis are already friendly with each other, and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have the TDK trilogy equivalent of James Bond as the next set of the franchise. It'd legit be gigantic and I'm not sure why there's so many people doubting it'll happen when it's a no-brainer for all parties involved. They've been chasing his style for a while anyway, of course they want the real deal. 

• Like 1