Eric is Quiet

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Kids love Barbie in general. Especially little or preteen girls who grew up with the brand. Any chance the movie could have insane legs and gross around $500-600M+ DOM total or more?

Please yes cause that would lock my Club 10000000000%. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Also this talk of Oppy doing well only due to Barbenheimer is silly as if you look at Presales before Barbie PS even started, Oppenheimer already looked a breakout. Chris Nolan is the biggest director around(I dont count Cameron as he made just 2 movies in 25 years). Plus the ensemble on a very relevant topic(Nuclear threat is very real today and some of the issues with Generative AI/LLM looks like another Oppeneheimer moment) means there is demand for something besides atypical CGI blockbusters. 

I dont thinky anybody would argue that Oppenheimer is a hit "only" because of the meme. It would have definetly been a hit regardless. But imo one can argue that Barbenheimer helped it go even higher than what it would have done "normally". By how much though would be total speculation.

• Like 1

I think WB and Universal will team up for the next Nolan film, they both want him and for the former it's the way to get him back on the Warner lot and for Universal they get to continue the relationship.

Nolan brand is really high with younger crowds as not all his films are masterpieces but they always have unique premises or visuals to draw in people.

Would most people have watched interstellar or dunkirk without Nolan name attached, I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Minions.

Yeah, but that’s an animated film. Though good guess.👩🏻‍💼😅

Let me rephrase this again. Highest grossing live action comedy film of all time, worldwide. Which one currently holds that record? Including foreign films.

You know, we might actually have a shot at the #1 movie to not open at number 1 (with the current record holder being Inside Out). Even a few days ago I would have said there’s no chance in hell, and while I think it’s still a long shot, it’s very, VERY possible now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think WB and Universal will team up for the next Nolan film, they both want him and for the former it's the way to get him back on the Warner lot and for Universal they get to continue the relationship.

Ahem...

On 7/13/2023 at 2:17 PM, reddevil19 said:

If WB wants to extend an olive branch to Nolan, they should work out a deal with Universal for a Dunkirk-Oppenheimer double feature later in autumn, for an IMAX re-expansion. Get Nolan some of those sweet royalties and start greasing the wheels on a 300 million co-production with Uni for Nolan's next flick, a 4-hour-long Punic War historical epic, just so I can see the BTS footage/photos of elephants strapped with IMAX cameras to them in the Alps. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Please yes cause that would lock my Club 10000000000%. 

Yeah. That could make Barbie the highest grossing live action comedy (pure) of all time. Since most of the $600M+ DOM grossing movies consists of action/CGI-spectacle driven movies.

if Barbie opens with lets say 170M what is the lifetime floor? Like what multi we expect? It's skewing female of course but not as extremly as thought so which means much better chance for long legs due to more demos showing interest. So realstiically what would be the lowest lifetime?