katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

26 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

#Nobarbenheimer Tags intensified in Japan.

Why are they even bothering replying to those? Those are literally spam bots pushing the T-shirts. They're on every single tweet (or xeet?) that mentions Barbie's box office I noticed.

4 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It's nice to know Japan is filled with annoying extremely online dweebs too

My friend these people like online dweebs are everywhere,not only Japan,USA or some specfic place,is appears in the whole world

Edited by Sophia Jane

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Welp, I had the most embarrassing experience. I accidentally bought tickets for the wrong theater when I went to Barbie, and didn’t realize that until I walked up to get my phone scanned. I ended up paying for the movie twice. I’m an idiot. 

On the plus, side, the movie’s gonna make even more money for the weekend now, I guess? I thought it was ok by the way. Not really my thing, but it’s not bad. 

Was the theater the same company? If it was, they should be able to refund your tickets at the theater you went to (ex movie theater manager, and it’s so easy). If not, movie theaters have the customer service numbers for all nearby theaters on-hand for this very occurrence (which happens on average a few times a day tbh). They should be able to give that to you and you can get those refunded.

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Welp, I had the most embarrassing experience. I accidentally bought tickets for the wrong theater when I went to Barbie, and didn’t realize that until I walked up to get my phone scanned. I ended up paying for the movie twice. I’m an idiot. 

On the plus, side, the movie’s gonna make even more money for the weekend now, I guess? I thought it was ok by the way. Not really my thing, but it’s not bad. 

i did that twice earlier this summer at the same theater.

8 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I personally think Japan people should blame their old government for their crime of starting a war

Plenty of modern Japanese people are hugely pacifist and think their gov was at huge fault in that era too. Let’s not pretend the Japanese are over there thinking America just dropped a bomb on them back then for fun and trying to throw so much shame on Americans. There’s plenty of modern things that have nothing to do with that they can throw shame on us for if they really want to. 

Edited by MovieMan89

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

It's because People don't want translation error. It's also good for Overseas people to understand.

The only people you should protest is the old fascist government.They are the only reason why the bomb is dropped.

Okay even I said this,The joke WB make is also not so funny,is not so appropraite.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It's nice to know Japan is filled with annoying extremely online dweebs too

Sorry, I personally don't support jokes on Wars - Internet Sensation is a different thing but Barbie Officials calls "It's going to be a summer to remember 😘💕" can't be forgiving - You can see voice of Public Anger under this tweet - 

• Like 1

Just now, Issac Newton said:

Sorry, I personally don't support jokes on Wars - Internet Sensation is a different thing but Barbie Officials calls "It's going to be a summer to remember 😘💕" can't be forgiving - You can see voice of Public Anger under this tweet - 

Yeah, I saw that.

We have Americans that get mad at innocuous stuff all the time too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Was the theater the same company? If it was, they should be able to refund your tickets at the theater you went to (ex movie theater manager, and it’s so easy). If not, movie theaters have the customer service numbers for all nearby theaters on-hand for this very occurrence (which happens on average a few times a day tbh). They should be able to give that to you and you can get those refunded.

It wasn’t the same company. The theater I went to was owned by Regal, and I accidentally bought tickets for AMC. That’s why it’s so embarrassing. I don’t know how I overlooked that. It’s never happened to me before. 

Edited by WittyUsername

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Plenty of modern Japanese people are hugely pacifist and think their gov was at huge fault in that era too. Let’s not pretend the Japanese are over there thinking America just dropped a bomb on them back then for fun and trying to throw so much shame on Americans. There’s plenty of things that have nothing to do with that they can throw shame on us for if they really want to. 

Well maybe is true,I just don’t quite like some japan user’s attitude on Twitter that pretended they are the victim of WW2 .

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

The only people you should protest is the old fascist government.They are the only reason why the bomb is dropped.

Okay even I said this,The joke WB make is also not so funny,is not so appropraite.

People don't want war at all in Japan. If what @MovieMan89 said wasn't true then we would have bought back our Meji Constitution once American left. I don't really at all support jokes on Wars (It's seriously not laughable at all)

I have seen this - I don't get what Officials of Barbie meant by this "This Ken is a stylist 😉"

F2-TDXL-a-AAAe6jo.jpg

Edited by Issac Newton

5 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I guess I can see how the wink emoji is maybe a tad overboard as a reply to that poster, but I really think they just meant it in the context of the way the two movies have become a phenomenon and inseparably linked to each other. I had no idea “people are making fun of the real life bombings with the Barbenheimer meme/craze” was even a thing at all before now. 

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Its quite telling none of those Japanese posters have even seen Oppenheimer yet. It's not exactly some super pro-war movie. 

And we're not even getting into the debate of the atomic bombings themselves. I get those Japanese posters are sensitive about it since they're posting pictures of victims in replies to no doubt gain sympathy, but do they need to be reminded who started the events of the Pacific part of WW2 by invading Manchuria then China? It's not like the US decided to randomly bomb Imperial Japan. 

Anyways end of the day some very online posters who weren't going to see either movie anyways are going to boycott it isn't really a story. Just some new online faux outrage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1