Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

Meg2: $3.2M from previews and $8.8M true Friday.

<very big stretch>

$30M estimate with $18M from Saturday and Sunday which means one or both days is over true Friday.

Can you say overestimated? Looks like Barbenheimer will be #1 and #2 again when actuals arrive on Monday. All will be right with the world again.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

<very big stretch>

$30M estimate with $18M from Saturday and Sunday which means one or both days is over true Friday.

Can you say overestimated? Looks like Barbenheimer will be #1 and #2 again when actuals arrive on Monday. All will be right with the world again.

In what way is Sat being over True Friday a stretch?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

<very big stretch>

Saturday 10-11mil, Sunday 7-8mil. Seems possible to me.

21 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Is that #1 WW?

So 127M worldwide for BARBIE. I think that wins the weekend.

Wait, I think MEG II wins with 130.5M. Deadline says it made 11.5M through Thursday overseas.

😅

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I mean for some comparison, MI7 STILL hasn't hit 2x it's 5-day OW.

Sure, but a big difference in upcoming release calendar/competition, and animated films hold much better in general - that’s like comparing Nope & Super Pets legs last summer 

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So 127M worldwide for BARBIE. I think that wins the weekend.

Wait, I think MEG II wins with 130.5M. Deadline says it made 11.5M through Thursday overseas.

😅

The marketing team was right. It’s the summer’s biggest movie right now. What do the naysayers have to say?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Like 1