Just now, Bob Train said:

Elio 250/400/650

Snow White 100/90/190

Deadpool 3 375/525/900

Inside Out 300/500/800

Mufasa 125/250/375

Cap 4 250/300/550

Thunderbolts 200/250/450

huge bombs of Snow White + Mufasa will end live-action remake era for Disney. 

I was with you on Snow White until I found out about Gerwig’s involvement. She is on way too hot of a streak for me to be able to write the movie off as an epic bomb now. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Using XXRs template:

Disney 2024 Box Office Predictions (DOM / OS / WW)**

Elio = 200 / 400 / 600

Snow White = 175 / 300 / 475

Deadpool 3 = 385 / 640 / 1025 

Inside Out 2 = 275 / 500 / 775

Mufasa = 130 / 300 / 430

Cap 4 = 195 / 355 / 550

Thunderbolts = 200 / 360 / 560

**Subject to change at any moment because I can't always keep my predictions the same 😎 (Elio and Thunderbolts are 1000% stab in the dark at this point) 

Dumbo made $114.7M DOM and $238.5M OS...

Similar original "problematic storyline" uber-classic animated movie which cast big name stars in a live action makeover...

Now, Dumbo didn't have great marketing into the open or audience reception at the open...but then again, will Snow White?

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I was with you on Snow White until I found out about Gerwig’s involvement. She is on way too hot of a streak for me to be able to write the movie off as an epic bomb now. 

I expect it to be better than most live-action remakes thanks to Gerwig co-writing but I think interest is too low. I don't think people nowadays really care about Snow White, and the lack of dwarves won't help it. I think it will do more than Mirror Mirror domestic, probably Dumbo numbers DOM, but overseas is probably lower.

Edited by Bob Train

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Dumbo made $114.7M DOM and $238.5M OS...

Similar original "problematic storyline" uber-classic animated movie which cast big name stars in a live action makeover...

Now, Dumbo didn't have great marketing into the open or audience reception at the open...but then again, will Snow White?

Script by Gerwig is the one and only reason I’m not predicting like 100/150 or something for Snow White. 

56 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Gran Turismo doesn't open for 2 weeks, the 25th specifically.

Gran Turismo is having 9 days of sneaks/previews throughout August (including tonight), all that's besides the typical Thursday previews on the 24th before the "opening day" of the 25th. Sony could get really creative in reporting the gross if they wanted, just pad out the whole first week and not just Fri-Sun...

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Gerwig following up Barbie with a Netflix Narnia movie and a Disney live-action remake is disappointing ngl.

I doubt anyone especially not Gerwig expected Barbie to be so huge before taking the Netflix deal.

Netflix got really lucky getting her before she could demand more after Barbie. At least the paycheck should be great.

Edited by Mojoguy

12 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

The only thing keeping me from writing off Snow White is the fact that apparently her merch sales are huge.So it’s more in I don’t know territory.

Are you sure? I thought she was by far the least popular of the Disney princesses today (besides Pocahontas who I think is Princess canon). 

Edited by MovieMan89

17 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Gerwig following up Barbie with a Netflix Narnia movie and a Disney live-action remake is disappointing ngl.

12 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

She makes a corporate movie and follows it up with two more corporate movies 

a gig is a gig is a gig is a gig is a gig

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Are you sure? I thought she was by far the least popular of the Disney princesses today (besides Pocahontas who I think is Princess canon). 

In 2014 there was a survey that showed Snow White as the third most successful Disney Princess in terms of merch sales. Obviously that was a decade ago, but I think is still worth noting.

• Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Apparently Deadpool 3 wasn't listed for May 3rd 2024 in Disney's release schedule from their recent shareholder meeting. Wish is also still set for November.

Source (slide 13): https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2023/08/Q3_FY23_Earnings_Presentation.pdf

Yeah no way DP 3 comes out May 3 unless the strikes end before the end of say september. Why they took CA:BNW off that day , , ,when it was going to finish shooting before the actors went out and deadpool is only about halfway done, is a mystery.