kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Awesome! Now can it drag itself to 170 million domestically. Or will Par even try.  Everything about the scheduling and release of DR Part 1 is so frustrating. 

NCD will be good for it, I expect, and help with that goal.

As I suspected, a mid-30% drop was too optimistic for TMNT given Blue Beetle covered a very similar demographic and took a number of screens from it. I still think this is a solid drop though, and I'd expect softer drops moving forward since Blue Beetle's WOM looks really weak and may have harder drops, much like Meg 2. Still feeling fairly confident that this will end up on the better end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Lol. It's a good thing we have the Indy and Flash uber bombs, otherwise this - and not far behind it DnD - would have faced far more ridicule.

Still don't understand the release date.  October would have made so much more sense.  All this did was kneecap Elemental with theater and screen loss and probably keep it from hitting $500m WW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

NCD will be good for it, I expect, and help with that goal.

Yep was just thinking that and a decent Labor Day Weekend hold although Equalizer 3 is targeting the same older male audience that weekend. Fingers crossed. A 170 total just looks better than 168. Not that it means much in the end.