RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Some folks have been spooked taken note of the low daily sales during the bottom end of the typical "U curve", so... Yes?

I personally am in the TET OW > Barbie OW club but it isn't the slam dunk it looked to be at the beginning of pre-sales.

The main Open Questions, IMO, more or less in order of importance are:

• How much does the GA actually care about a concert film?
  • How willing are Swifties to buy garbage tickets for less desirable seats or show times?
  • How much promotion is this actually gunna get?
  • How much does FOMO on seeing it the OW with other hardcore Swifties versus seeing at a leisurely pace later in the run matter?
  • How much will no MTW actually matter, especially for the opening weekend?

There's also the eternal question about showtime allocation, but I tend to think that one will sort itself out in due time, if only because of the possibility of a monster weekend.

There's a push/pull dynamic going on, in other words.  Right now, emphasis on right now, most of the available seats on Friday are being passed over due to a variety of reasons, with "not desirable" being at the top of the list.  However, it's also a case of interest as Sat/Sun isn't moving all that much, either (did a check last night on that very question).

So it then becomes a question of promotion.  This doesn't have a studio PR firm with a(n alleged) time honored strategy concerning promotion.  Taylor Swift could wake up one day and just decide to start blaring out announcements on social media, or she might just view it as a side gig.  AMC might decide to pop for a lot of traditional advertising, or maybe they concentrate on their own chain.  Who knows what type of PR rollout this is going to get when all is said and done.

This will probably get a good (or even large) amount of promotion as this gets closer to release.  But that very uncertainty is causing, justifiably IMO, some level of caution over TET's OW prospects.  At least compared to the euphoric reactions to the first few days of sales.

fwiw, I was saying to be very cautious with the level of frontloading we'd be seeing from the very first day, and went out on the >barbie OW club almost immediately, so I would say I have very much stuck to my guts in this whole swift endeavor :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

Some folks have been spooked taken note of the low daily sales during the bottom end of the typical "U curve", so... Yes?

I personally am in the TET OW > Barbie OW club but it isn't the slam dunk it looked to be at the beginning of pre-sales.

The main Open Questions, IMO, more or less in order of importance are:

• How much does the GA actually care about a concert film?
  • How willing are Swifties to buy garbage tickets for less desirable seats or show times?
  • How much promotion is this actually gunna get?
  • How much does FOMO on seeing it the OW with other hardcore Swifties versus seeing at a leisurely pace later in the run matter?
  • How much will no MTW actually matter, especially for the opening weekend?

There's also the eternal question about showtime allocation, but I tend to think that one will sort itself out in due time, if only because of the possibility of a monster weekend.

There's a push/pull dynamic going on, in other words.  Right now, emphasis on right now, most of the available seats on Friday are being passed over due to a variety of reasons, with "not desirable" being at the top of the list.  However, it's also a case of interest as Sat/Sun isn't moving all that much, either (did a check last night on that very question).

So it then becomes a question of promotion.  This doesn't have a studio PR firm with a(n alleged) time honored strategy concerning promotion.  Taylor Swift could wake up one day and just decide to start blaring out announcements on social media, or she might just view it as a side gig.  AMC might decide to pop for a lot of traditional advertising, or maybe they concentrate on their own chain.  Who knows what type of PR rollout this is going to get when all is said and done.

This will probably get a good (or even large) amount of promotion as this gets closer to release.  But that very uncertainty is causing, justifiably IMO, some level of caution over TET's OW prospects.  At least compared to the euphoric reactions to the first few days of sales.

I think the people releasing this have pretty much written off the GA and are expecting to make their big bucks from her huge fanbase, to be honest.

A niche film, but one hell of a big niche.

I think Swift is only OK as a singer.but a genius at marketing herself.

Premium screens want a piece of #TaylorSwift to survive this FALL season at #BoxOffice, as it’s been just announced that several #IMAX theatres in the US are joining #TheErasTour party and will screen #TSTheErasTourMovie while others are expected to open pre-sales soon as well. That could considerably boost industry projections, currently already optimistic expecting an all time record 100M-125M opening.

https://x.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/status/1706343945179984039?s=20

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:
Premium screens want a piece of #TaylorSwift to survive this FALL season at #BoxOffice, as it’s been just announced that several #IMAX theatres in the US are joining #TheErasTour party and will screen #TSTheErasTourMovie while others are expected to open pre-sales soon as well. That could considerably boost industry projections, currently already optimistic expecting an all time record 100M-125M opening.

https://x.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/status/1706343945179984039?s=20

Are the presales at other theater chains besides the main 3 (AMC, Regal, Cinemark)?  

Edited by BOfficeStats

6 hours ago, BOfficeStats said:

Have presales for other screenings at those theaters started yet or is it just the IMAX screens that haven't started presales yet?

every format. On Alamo drafthouse in particular pre sales are crazy. I would say around 75-80% of all tickets have been sold already for the friday. This is the chain when Barbie became the biggest movie ever so apparently young women love this chain 😄

Edited by vale9001

23 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

November 3rd release on Brazil. Tickets will cost R$90 regular and can go up to R$150 on premium. That is some MASSIVE cost if you want to check Taylor lol.

Yup, insane prices, she really knows how rabid her fans are, they will literally consume anything with her name on it.

That is 3-5x the usual prices I pay, bonkers

• Like 2