Issac Newton

Weekdays Thread | #WED - E3 $2.03M, Barbie $720K, GT $430K, BB $345K

TDK had 75% drop on Tuesday following Labor Day...it did around 620K on Tuesday. Barbie's drop seems to be around 72% and do around 900K. TDK did around 26M from here onwards...Barbie has been doing around 25-30% better than TDK recently...assuming this trend follows (with IMAX boost), Barbie should do roughly 35-40M from here onwards...gonna be fun to see if it can cross Jurassic World or not

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

TDK had 75% drop on Tuesday following Labor Day...it did around 620K on Tuesday. Barbie's drop seems to be around 72% and do around 900K. TDK did around 26M from here onwards...Barbie has been doing around 25-30% better than TDK recently...assuming this trend follows (with IMAX boost), Barbie should do roughly 35-40M from here onwards...gonna be fun to see if it can cross Jurassic World or not

After labor day tdk stayed in cinemas for more than half year, if barbie will stay as long with imax boost it will definetely win with JW.

25 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

For 1,997 years we had no films over $500 mil domestic. Then we got a $600 mil film. Then 12 years later we got another. Then over the next 14 years we got 12 more.

To be fair, for 4.6 BILLION years we didn't get one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

57 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

After labor day tdk stayed in cinemas for more than half year, if barbie will stay as long with imax boost it will definetely win with JW.

Streaming is coming for Barbie. Lol And it will be interesting to see exactly how much IMAX will add. We might be overestimating especially if it's limited. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

19 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Streaming is coming for Barbie. Lol And it will be interesting to see exactly how much IMAX will add. We might be overestimating especially if it's limited. 

You seem to like underestimating Barbie and giving it's holds which may I remind you were sub 40 a full 2 weekends before your supposed boosts of NCD and Labor Day even come into play. 650 is pretty much locked and 660 is the play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

You seem to like underestimating Barbie and giving it's holds which may I remind you were sub 40 a full 2 weekends before your supposed boosts of NCD and Labor Day even come into play. 650 is pretty much locked and 660 is the play.

From what I've noticed, you seem to like overestimating giving it a few extra million when clearly it hasn't been holding that well. With IMAX it may very well reach 650 but it was never locked for 650, certainly not before that announcement. 

28 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

How many IMAX screens will Barbie get? All of them exclusive for a period of time or?

I guess no one knows which is why its funny to see people talking about numbers being locked. Then again, some were claiming weeks ago (even before the IMAX announcement) that Barbie would do Top Gun numbers when there were no signs of that. Lol 

5 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I guess no one knows which is why its funny to see people talking about numbers being locked. Then again, some were claiming weeks ago (even before the IMAX announcement) that Barbie would do Top Gun numbers when there were no signs of that. Lol 

Considering you couldn't even see Barbie topping Mario DOM and questioned whether it would even get to 500M I'm not sure why you're making fun of the guy(s...?) who thought it could do Top Gun numbers. They still weren't as wrong on this film film as you were.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Considering you couldn't even see Barbie topping Mario DOM and questioned whether it would even get to 500M I'm not sure why you're making fun of the guy(s...?) who thought it could do Top Gun numbers. They still weren't as wrong on this film film as you were.

Mind you, this was back before the first week was even over. Sue me for not yet being convinced it was going to do those numbers way back then. Safe to say, most weren't predicting that. Hardly the same as making claims about it doing TGM numbers weeks after it was already showing weaker legs. That was nothing more than wishful thinking. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe