TLK

Festival de Cannes 2012 Lineup

A lot of Hollywood movies are in here but I am surprised that Terrence Malick and Park Chan Wook are not on the list. Speculation is that their movies aren't ready and they may be added at a later date as the Festival is one month away.

Schedule

Posted Image

Opening Film:

“Moonrise Kingdom” (dir. Wes Anderson)

Closing Film:

“Therese D.” (dir. Claude Miller)

In Competition:

“Amour” (dir. Michael Haneke)

“The Angel’s Share” (dir. Ken Loach)

“Baad EL Mawkeaa (Apres La Bataille”) (dir. Yousry Nasrallah)

“Beyond The Hills” (dir. Cristian Mungiu)

“Cosmopolis” (dir. David Cronenberg)

“Holy Motors” (dir. Leos Carax)

“The Hunt” (dir. Thomas Vinterberg)

“In Another Country” (dir. Hong Sang-Soo)

“Im Nebels (Dans La Brume)” (dir. Sergei Loznitsa)

“Killing Them Softly” (dir. Andrew Dominik)

“Lawless” (dir. John Hillcoat)

“Like Someone In Love” (dir. Abbas Kiarostami)

“Moonrise Kingdom” (dir. Wes Anderson)

“Mud” (dir. Jeff Nichols)

“On The Road” (dir. Walter Salles)

“Paradies: Liebe” (dir. Ulrich Seidl)

“The Paperboy” (dir. Lee Daniels)

“Post Tenebras Lux” (dir. Carlos Reygadas)

“Reality” (dir. Matteo Garrone)

“Rust & Bone” (dir. Jacques Audiard)

“Taste Of Money” (dir. Im Sang-Soo)

“Vous N’Avez Encoure Rien Vu” (dir. Alain Resnais)

http://whatculture.c...awless-more.php

http://www.festival-...icle/58878.html

Edited by TLK

There were a lot of rumours that The Master might premeire here so I'm kinda disappointed. Still, I'm excited to here about the quality of Killing Them Softley and Lawless and Cosmopolis. Also had no idea new films from Michael Haneke and Ken Loach were coming out. That's pretty awesome

There were a lot of rumours that The Master might premeire here so I'm kinda disappointed. Still, I'm excited to here about the quality of Killing Them Softley and Lawless and Cosmopolis. Also had no idea new films from Michael Haneke and Ken Loach were coming out. That's pretty awesome

Yeah. New York Times did a write up on The Master but it seemed like it isn't finished either.

Somewhere in Los Angeles Mr. Anderson, 41, is now finishing what will be his sixth feature film. Fiercely protective of his process, he has declined to speak publicly about the movie. But the details suggest a story inspired by the founding of Scientology, and that has provoked industry whispers. With that church’s complicated Hollywood ties and high-profile adherents like Tom Cruise, a film even loosely based on it will guarantee discussion upon its release, on Oct. 12, by the Weinstein Company.

Directing a movie, Mr. Anderson once told The New York Times, is only half the job. “The other 50 percent,” he said, “is this gene of protectiveness and parenting and evil that safeguards your movie.”

That spirit still prevails. When Mr. Anderson’s crew shot for a month on Mare Island last year, using the wing of an old hospital for some scenes, an empty admiral’s mansion for others, the picture was blandly described as an “untitled western.” Mr. Anderson avoided publicity and left few traces — other than the fake shipping schedule, perhaps — of what promises to be a notable piece of period filmmaking.

http://www.nytimes.c...cientology.html Edited by TLK

so very happy for robert pattinson and kristen stewart that their films are in competition at cannes festival! :wub:B) B) if not for them i probably wouldnt have heard of the novels both films are based on or think about reading!!

don't know much about other films yet but i'm sure they'll for the most part have a long life on the festivals& awards circuit leading up to oscar '12 and be the all the talk here!

Posted Image

Yes, it's that time of the year once again: Cannes Film Festival starts in just two days. Just like last year, the lineup is amazing, including films from such acclaimed directors as.. *deep breath* Michael Haneke, David Cronenberg, Wes Anderson, John Hillcoat, Jacques Audiard, Andrew Dominik, Lee Daniels, Abbas Kiarostami, Ken Loach, Thomas Vinterberg, Bernardo Bertolucci, Philip Kaufman, Dario Argento, Takashi Miike, Faith Akin and Christian Mungiu. Phew. That really is the cream of the crop of international cinema.

Posted Image

One of Cannes' traditions has been some sort of controversy.. Last year director Lars von Trier shocked with his ramblings about nazis and the Princess Diana documentary Unlawful Killing garnered a lot of talk of talk from the media. In the past movies like Fahrenheit 911, Irreversible, Southland Tales and Antichrist have caused some major buzz and outrage. Will there be a controversy this year? Most likely.

Posted Image

This thread is meant for all Cannes related discussion.

Sounds like a camp classic from the reactions I've read. There's a scene where Efron gets stung by a jellyfish and several women fight over which one gets to piss on him to help the wound. Nicole is the one who gets to do it obv.

Sounds like a camp classic from the reactions I've read. There's a scene where Efron gets stung by a jellyfish and several women fight over which one gets to piss on him to help the wound. Nicole is the one who gets to do it obv.

:rofl: :rofl: :rotfl: :rotfl:I read that too. Jesus christ. Edited by rockNrollaDIM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: