RTX

Wednesday numbers

I love all you guys, you know that. But I think any disappointment in THG's upcoming weekend numbers is ignoring the big picture here. It's already owned the last 4 weeks straight. Something that hasn't been done since a modest little film called Avatar. 350m+ is guaranteed by this weekend so who really cares if it drops 100% after it? We all know 400m is out but It's still a humongous, ginormous success story and no matter what TA, TDK or any other film does, THG will still be the biggest success story of the year.Disappointment in its exorbitant profitability is just not relevant. Now if you want to argue where its ridiculous success came from, whether it did this well on its own merits or does it owe at least some of its success to past successful book to film series, then that would be much more relevant, IMO.

I love all you guys, you know that. But I think any disappointment in THG's upcoming weekend numbers is ignoring the big picture here. It's already owned the last 4 weeks straight. Something that hasn't been done since a modest little film called Avatar. 350m+ is guaranteed by this weekend so who really cares if it drops 100% after it? We all know 400m is out but It's still a humongous, ginormous success story and no matter what TA, TDK or any other film does, THG will still be the biggest success story of the year.Disappointment in its exorbitant profitability is just not relevant. Now if you want to argue where its ridiculous success came from, whether it did this well on its own merits or does it owe at least some of its success to past successful book to film series, then that would be much more relevant, IMO.

I would hit the like button this one, if it was there. Well said :)

I love all you guys, you know that. But I think any disappointment in THG's upcoming weekend numbers is ignoring the big picture here. It's already owned the last 4 weeks straight. Something that hasn't been done since a modest little film called Avatar. 350m+ is guaranteed by this weekend so who really cares if it drops 100% after it? We all know 400m is out but It's still a humongous, ginormous success story and no matter what TA, TDK or any other film does, THG will still be the biggest success story of the year.

Disappointment in its exorbitant profitability is just not relevant. Now if you want to argue where its ridiculous success came from, whether it did this well on its own merits or does it owe at least some of its success to past successful book to film series, then that would be much more relevant, IMO.

Posted Image

Yes, yes we know. Thank you. Still fun to track though.

Yes, yes we know. Thank you. Still fun to track though.

Track to your heart's content. I just don't see the point of creating some imaginary line of success or fail. It passed that line 150m ago. ;)

I love all you guys, you know that. But I think any disappointment in THG's upcoming weekend numbers is ignoring the big picture here. It's already owned the last 4 weeks straight. Something that hasn't been done since a modest little film called Avatar. 350m+ is guaranteed by this weekend so who really cares if it drops 100% after it? We all know 400m is out but It's still a humongous, ginormous success story and no matter what TA, TDK or any other film does, THG will still be the biggest success story of the year.

No,no,no. We need THG to approach 400M. That would basically guarantee no 2 place for 2012, with a small chance at no 1. :)