RTX

Wednesday numbers

Do you mean the little thing under the statistics button that shows the 3 demos that have watched a clip the most?When all of THG trailers have about 3-4M views and several of the Avengers trailers have 15M+ views how is that stat helpful? When there are no numbers, and nothing beyond the top three demos?

Teens are the key demographic. They make or break blockbusters. The fact that they're not going crazy over this should be a cause for concern.

Teens are the key demographic. They make or break blockbusters. The fact that they're not going crazy over this should be a cause for concern.

What says they're not going crazy over it? Again, that just shows the top three demos, and doesn't show an actual breakdown with percentages and numbers. What if all the demos are similarly enthused, and all the percentages are similar? You're simply drawing baseless assumptions to support your own position on a film

Only -23% for Cabin?! I was expecting a 30% drop.Nice.Still biggest PTA in top 10 too. Could see a 55% drop this weekend, instead of horror standard 60%+

a 50-55% drop would be good in this case...And we need that to make 40 mill

Whether The Avengers makes more than The Hunger Games remains to be seen but I'm pretty sure it won't be able to beat it in admissions. THG has posted these massive numbers with no 3D and only one week of IMAX. THG is gonna approach around 50m admissions. The Avengers would probably have to make around 450m+ to beat that.

IMO The Hunger Games will have the second highest admissions for a movie this year after The Dark Knight.

Really depends of how much of an audience loss we should expect from ROTK to The Hobbit. 50m admissions from The Hobbit would be a 81% retention of ROTK. Seems pretty reasonable.

Only -23% for Cabin?! I was expecting a 30% drop.Nice.Still biggest PTA in top 10 too. Could see a 55% drop this weekend, instead of horror standard 60%+

I was expecting at least 30% myself, so I am really happy to this number.I would love anything less than 60% this weekend.However, we need to remember that word of mouth is putrid and people don't like this snarky brand of humor and it still has about $100m more to make to even dream of being profitable.

Cabin in the Woods is just like Drag Me to Hell. A film critics love but audiences are just not that pleased about it. Unless the comedic elements are clearly stated in the advertising ala Scary Movie, then people are going to be disappointed when it's not a straight up horror movie.

I love all you guys, you know that. But I think any disappointment in THG's upcoming weekend numbers is ignoring the big picture here. It's already owned the last 4 weeks straight. Something that hasn't been done since a modest little film called Avatar. 350m+ is guaranteed by this weekend so who really cares if it drops 100% after it? We all know 400m is out but It's still a humongous, ginormous success story and no matter what TA, TDK or any other film does, THG will still be the biggest success story of the year.Disappointment in its exorbitant profitability is just not relevant. Now if you want to argue where its ridiculous success came from, whether it did this well on its own merits or does it owe at least some of its success to past successful book to film series, then that would be much more relevant, IMO.

Several months ago, fans of THG (like myself) were wondering if it would even make enough to justify a sequel, so yes, it's exceeded all of our (modest) expectations. But it's fun to continue to bask in the glow of its success. ;) Edited by C64K

I was expecting at least 30% myself, so I am really happy to this number.I would love anything less than 60% this weekend.However, we need to remember that word of mouth is putrid and people don't like this snarky brand of humor and it still has about $100m more to make to even dream of being profitable.

According to Wiki at least, Lionsgate paid 12 million for the film. MGM may have taken a bath on it, but I'd say its a guaranteed earner for them. But maybe there's a lot more details to the story.