Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Exorcist $27.2M, Paw Patrol $11.75M, Saw X $8.15M, Creator $6.10M, Blind $3.13M, Venice $2.73M, Nun 2 $2.58M &Dumb Money $2.15M

15 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

I'm pretty sure this thing will go way below 25 million this weekend. Regardless of the movie's quality, Swift is really sucking the air out of every single movie and it hasn't even come out yet.

Or maybe it's a not very good movie that nobody was all that excited about and Swift has nothing to do with it.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

I'm pretty sure this thing will go way below 25 million this weekend. Regardless of the movie's quality, Swift is really sucking the air out of every single movie and it hasn't even come out yet.

Eras has nothing to do with Exorcist’s performance. Not affecting screen counts this weekend, and it’s playing to just it’s own base and won’t really have appeal outside of that. It’s not a 4-quadrant blockbuster so I would say it’s impact on anything else this month will be minimal.

• Like 3

I still think that Exorcist will do between 25-30M this weekend. I think people are overreacting. Horror movies aren't so reliant on reviews. Like others have said Taylor Swift has absolutely no impact on this weekend. I would be pretty shocked if it does under 25M. It has PLF of IMAX and Dolby this weekend which will help them. Saw X had like 20% dolby screens which is another reason why it missed its multiplier. 

Saw X only had 2.0 in previews, and Exorcist did 2.9. I can't think of a movie that did such a high preview number to do less than 25M OW. Don't Worry Darling is the only one that comes to mind

• Like 2

Ad Astra with Brad Pitt in pre-COVID times bombed hard. Creator with no stars, no actors promoting, and just okay reviews, would never have stood a shot.

Original sci-fi can only do well when there is a draw behind it, like Nolan and Interstellar, Bullock and Gravity, etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

why was  another Exorcist even made? Let alone for $400 million? Another Halloween makes sense since it has an iconic villain that everyone recognizes. Exorcism films now are a dime a dozen. 

David Gordon Green securing the bag after making one decently liked Halloween movie reboot is a true Hollywood example of great timing and leverage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

why was  another Exorcist even made? Let alone for $400 million? Another Halloween makes sense since it has an iconic villain that everyone recognizes. Exorcism films now are a dime a dozen. 

they plan to make multiple of these films, i guess universal thought they had a mega franchise on their hands

It's October @WrathOfHan @Eric MacNeil

18x:

The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Fast X Dolby, The Little Mermaid IMAX, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Theater Camp Round 0, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Theater Camp, Blue Beetle Dolby, A Haunting in Venice IMAX

11x:

Trolls Band Together: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental Round 2, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Barbie Round 3 IMAX, Stop Making Sense IMAX

9x:

Wish: The Little Mermaid IMAX, Elemental 3D, Elemental Round 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Round 2 3D

8x:

The Creator: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Oldboy, Birth/Rebirth, Star Trek Round 2, A Haunting in Venice IMAX, Batman Begins, Barbie Round 3 IMAX

6x:

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3: Asteroid City Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Haunted Mansion Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Strays

Killers of the Flower Moon: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Talk to Me, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Star Trek Round 2, A Haunting in Venice IMAX

Dune: Part Two: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Dolby, Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, The Nun II Dolby, Batman Begins

Bob Marley: One Love: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Shortcomings, Strays, The Nun II Dolby, Stop Making Sense IMAX

5x:

The Nun II: The Blackening, Talk to Me, Meg 2: The Trench Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Strays

The Exorcist: Believer: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Talk to Me, Oppenheimer Round 3 IMAX, Strays, The Nun II Dolby

Migration: The Super Mario Bros. Movie Dolby, The Super Mario Bros. Movie Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, Barbie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Round 2 3D

Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie: Elemental Round 2, Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken, The First Slam Dunk, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Round 2 3D

Poor Things: Chevalier, Asteroid City Round 2, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp, A Haunting in Venice IMAX

Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fast X Dolby, The First Slam Dunk, Oldboy, Strays, A Haunting in Venice IMAX

Dumb Money: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, No Hard Feelings, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp, Bottoms

Expend4bles: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, The Blackening, Star Trek Round 2, Batman Begins

It Lives Inside: How to Blow Up a Pipeline Round 2, Sanctuary, Talk to Me, Oldboy, Jawan

Wonka: Barbie Round 2 Dolby, Blue Beetle Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Round 2 3D, A Haunting in Venice IMAX, Barbie Round 3 IMAX

The Color Purple: Barbie, Theater Camp, Birth/Rebirth, The Nun II Dolby, Stop Making Sense IMAX

4x:

White Bird: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Dolby, Elemental 3D, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Round 3 Dolby

Drive-Away Dolls: Asteroid City, Asteroid City Round 2, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, Talk to Me

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lightyear Dolby, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Round 4, Asteroid City, Barbie Round 2 Dolby

Next Goal Wins: Chevalier, Theater Camp Round 0, Theater Camp, Bottoms

3x:

Problemista: You Hurt My Feelings, Past Lives, Talk to Me
Priscilla: Past Lives, Talk to Me, Stop Making Sense IMAX

2x:

Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Adhira: RRR, RRR Round 2
Challengers: No Hard Feelings, Barbie
A Haunting in Venice: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Dolby, Haunted Mansion Dolby
The Holdovers: Oppenheimer IMAX 15/70mm, Theater Camp Round 0
The Inventor: Haunted Mansion Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Round 2 3D
Camp Hideout: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Dolby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Round 2 3D
Napoleon: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One Dolby, A Haunting in Venice IMAX
What Happens Later: Rocky aur Rani Kii Prem Kahani, A Haunting in Venice IMAX
The Persian Version: Shortcomings, Bottoms
Freelance: Star Trek Round 2, Batman Begins
On Fire: Star Trek Round 2, Batman Begins
Flora and Son: Witness for the Prosecution 35mm, Midnight 35mm
Gaddi Jaandi Ae Chalaangaan Maardi: Rocky aur Rani Kii Prem Kahani, Jawan
Salaar: Part 1 – Ceasefire: Rocky aur Rani Kii Prem Kahani, Jawan
The Boy and the Heron: Howl’s Moving Castle, The Night of the Hunter 35mm

1x: 

MaXXXine: Pearl
Ordinary Angels: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret
Elio: Elemental 3D