Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Exorcist $27.2M, Paw Patrol $11.75M, Saw X $8.15M, Creator $6.10M, Blind $3.13M, Venice $2.73M, Nun 2 $2.58M &Dumb Money $2.15M

Such a shocking result. Not. Just realizing that the youngest person currently who would have been able to see the Original 50 years ago without a parent or guardian taking them is 68 years old. We know what frequent moviegoers that age group is anymore. We know they sure as shit were not going out too see this. Selling a poorly reviewed legacy sequel to the tik tok crowd. Shocking results. 

• Like 2

Honestly I'm a little surprised. A few months ago I thought this would open to like 15M tops after seeing the trailer.

Then as things got closer, they RAMPED up marketing so much. The marketing budget for this film must be huge. I still think it opens in the high 20's. I don't think reviews will dampen OW that much. Saw X had a weak multiplier because it was extremely frontloaded from fans. I'd expect at the worst for it to have the same multiplier as Saw X. But I don't see this beating The Nun II OW at all.

Unless I'm reading this wrong and reviews and bad word of mouth are really gonna tank this film on Saturday + Sunday. Also like someone said there is a quasi holiday this Monday in the US, so Sunday should be slightly stronger than usual and Monday as well. 

October isn't off from a good start. The latest Exorcist disappoint critically and commercially, Taylor isn't playing during mid-week and likely to be super frontloaded, likewise for FNAF due to its hybrid release.  And the Flower Moon being a drama. Can October 2023 even beat 2021? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Low 20s would require an Insidious 5 (July) or Scream VI level multiplier. 

I’m assuming it’ll be more like Saw X considering it’s October. 

That and there's Canadian Thanksgiving and Indigenous People/Indigenous People's Massacre-er Day on Monday

39 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

October isn't off from a good start. The latest Exorcist disappoint critically and commercially, Taylor isn't playing during mid-week and likely to be super frontloaded, likewise for FNAF due to its hybrid release.  And the Flower Moon being a drama. Can October 2023 even beat 2021? 

There is a chance of October OW record ($96m) being beaten 2x in the same month, by TET and FNAF. The last time this happened was in October of 2018, when Venom and Halloween surpassed Gravity's record of $55m. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

There is a chance of October OW record ($96m) being beaten 2x in the same month, by TET and FNAF. The last time this happened was in October of 2018, when Venom and Halloween surpassed Gravity's record of $55m. 

Until it happened, let's assume not. In the post-pandemic BO world, disappointment overwhelms but surprises are in scarcity.   

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this thing will go way below 25 million this weekend. Regardless of the movie's quality, Swift is really sucking the air out of every single movie and it hasn't even come out yet.

Edited by Boxx93