Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Exorcist $27.2M, Paw Patrol $11.75M, Saw X $8.15M, Creator $6.10M, Blind $3.13M, Venice $2.73M, Nun 2 $2.58M &Dumb Money $2.15M

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

just watched the unrated cut of M3gan. If they released this version in theaters I think it would have done even better. The bloodless version probably turned off some horror fans.

Glad I waited to see it...

Edited by Mojoguy

Saw Exorcist and enjoyed it well enough. 

But the best part of the film was that I went with like 6 family members including my mother.

Near the climax of the film the possessed girls do something and my mother throws up her hands and loudly proclaims "JUST KILL THE KIDS ALREADY!"

Theatre busted out laughing.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2023 at 7:46 PM, el sid said:

Almost 12M for The Exorcist is a very fine number :).

The weekend thread is always bad but still I was astonished to see many ridiculous comments yesterday. Low 20ies...

By the way almost 3M from previews was exactly in line with the numbers of the Buzz and Tracking Thread. And our true Friday number was around 10M.

True Friday was under 9m. Actuals came in 700K under estimates, Pretty poor weekend, Probably, going to drop like a rock moving fwd.

16 hours ago, Eric MacNeil said:

That drop for Exorcist in particular is brutal. Not often you see a movie fall almost 1M in actuals.

Was going to chime in how often WB estimates would come in 1-2 mill over the actual number (or used to, anyway) but then I remembered this one was Universal.