Bob Train

FNAF Weekend Thread (10/27-10/29) | $80m Opening Weekend | Blumhouse's Biggest Opener Ever | $14.7m The Eras Tour | $9.3m KOTFM

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

CJohn always gotta find a way to spin the numbers in a bad light :lol:

Deadline’s first 7M update… BOMB! 40M OD… silence. BUT KILLERS DROP IS AWFUL AND RENFIELD BOMBED.

I am waiting to see if Halloween is going down or not.

I said it time and time again that day and date impact is not as people think. People that want to watch a movie in theaters will watch it regardless. And i said FNAF a day and date movie would be bigger than KOTFM a theater exclusive and Got Warnings points and threats of being banned forever from Eric. And The drop will surprise people too. Peacock Impact was basically none. I fact Subscribed to Peacock. Watched the movie. Liked it. Will watch it PLF again, so Universal gets double the money they would not. 

Edited by Day and Date The Best

3 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

I said it time and time again that day and date impact is not as people think. People that want to watch a movie in theaters will watch it regardless. And i said FNAF a day and date movie would be bigger than KOTFM a theater exclusive and Got Warnings points and threats of being banned forever from Eric. And The drop will surprise people too. Peacock Impact was basically none. I fact Subscribed to Peacock. Watched the movie. Liked it. Will watch it PLF again, so Universal gets double the money they would not. 

With FNAF it was a perfect storm of being released on the most irrelevant streaming service (Peacock), and being a horror movie with a colossal fanbase that would see it in theaters no matter what.

Releasing Day and Date on a bigger streaming service like Max, D+, etc. would still tank most movies. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

With FNAF it was a perfect storm of being released on the most irrelevant streaming service (Peacock), and being a horror movie with a colossal fanbase that would see it in theaters no matter what.

Releasing Day and Date on a bigger streaming service like Max, D+, etc. would still tank most movies. 

Didn't the-numbers estimate Max only gave films something like a 15% penalty? I suspect it can nuke something with terrible word of mouth (Matrix 4's terrible BO run) but I also suspect we're overstating this (at least for non Netflix examples). 

This is the third straight(?) big theatrical dual release with Peacock on Halloween. At some point people will pick up on this trend even if it isn't happening now.  

58 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Although peackock is an irrelevant streaming service, it still means we would have the movie in good quality in piracy sites since day 1.

So, I think the interest to see the movie on theaters is really the main reason for the box office.

Edited by Kon

On 10/27/2023 at 5:58 PM, Eric Fazbear said:

I haven’t seen it. I’m actually going to DC this weekend for the Eagles/Commanders game. Have no idea if I’ll even watch Freddy’s because I doubt I’ll get much out of it. Maybe if I’m really, really bored and have nothing to do.

Oh...well, lemme know what you think when I do.

I trust your opinions. I don't think I'll be able to see it until next weekend. 😐

36 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Didn't the-numbers estimate Max only gave films something like a 15% penalty? I suspect it can nuke something with terrible word of mouth (Matrix 4's terrible BO run) but I also suspect we're overstating this (at least for non Netflix examples). 

This is the third straight(?) big theatrical dual release with Peacock on Halloween. At some point people will pick up on this trend even if it isn't happening now.  

All the WB Day and Date movies were heavily skewed overseas due to Max only being a thing in the USA, causing DOM to punch under it's weight class. See how Godzilla KOTM and Kong Skull Island earned 29% from DOM, but GVK only earned 21%. Or how Suicide Squad earned 43% from DOM, but for the sequel it was only 33%.

And obviously the Halloween sequels tanked due to the combination of sucking and being available on Peacock.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

They gonna buy out Warner and merge Peacock into HBO Max. 

Nolan and WB under the same roof as Batman & Dracula would be great from a PR angle but holy fuck are the regulations for these things awful lol. I’m on the cusp of transitioning to an M&A team at work so maybe I’m being a hypocrite here, but holy fucking fuck should a sale of that scale not be allowed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Nolan and WB under the same roof as Batman & Dracula would be great from a PR angle but holy fuck are the regulations for these things awful lol. I’m on the cusp of transitioning to an M&A team at work so maybe I’m being a hypocrite here, but holy fucking fuck should a sale of that scale not be allowed

I don’t see how regulators can allow Disney to buy PIXAR, Marvel, Star Wars, and 20th Century Fox…but then shutdown everyone else in the industry from doing similar consolidation moves. 

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don’t see how regulators can allow Disney to buy PIXAR, Marvel, Star Wars, and 20th Century Fox…but then shutdown everyone else in the industry from doing similar consolidation moves. 

Yeah, I think it’s gonna go through - I can only imagine the DC properties that will be roaming Universal Parks in the 2030’s - but I still think it’s not great. Firms will always act in their own self interest first & foremost so I don’t see why Comcast wouldn’t see it as the easiest way of expanding at an exponentially fast rate. They would become the industry leader by a significant degree if that deal goes through; big enough to the point where apple would have to buy disney just to be competitive. I think that’s where my concerns come from - the kind of Hollywood landscape that mega mergers like this would create.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, I think it’s gonna go through - I can only imagine the DC properties that will be roaming Universal Parks in the 2030’s - but I still think it’s not great. Firms will always act in their own self interest first & foremost so I don’t see why Comcast wouldn’t see it as the easiest way of expanding at an exponentially fast rate. They would become the industry leader by a significant degree if that deal goes through; big enough to the point where apple would have to buy disney just to be competitive. I think that’s where my concerns come from - the kind of Hollywood landscape that mega mergers like this would create.

That’s the problem with the Disney moves of the last 15 years. They should have been blocked from grabbing Star Wars & 20th Century Fox. Those were nuclear moves against the other studios. If the other studios are now blocked from doing similar consolidation, they should sue to have Disney broken into pieces. 

There’s a lot of compatibility for Comcast & Warner. Lego Movie franchise is a great example. The Harry Potter rides at Universal theme parks. A bunch of Universal movies on HBO for many years. The Nolan connection. They would probably need to spin off CNN in some way to keep one of the major news networks from being in the same company as NBC News. 

Edited by redfirebird2008