Bob Train

FNAF Weekend Thread (10/27-10/29) | $80m Opening Weekend | Blumhouse's Biggest Opener Ever | $14.7m The Eras Tour | $9.3m KOTFM

Critics panned the Emma Tammi directed movie at 25% rotten on Rotten Tomatoes, but those who are going don’t give a sh** how the reviews read. Last night at a very passionate Burbank, CA AMC preview I attended, fans were so over the moon, it reminded me of the time I first saw Twilight with a crazed crowd at what’s now the AMC Grove. Fans were cheering on the YouTube influencer cameos (peeps who are known for playing and theorizing about Five Nights at Freddy’s games) in the film, as well as “oohhh”ing and “aaah”ing at plot twists, and character appearances, and even the fan-made end credits song by music artist The Living Tombstone. If you weren’t dressed up last night, well then you were square.

Yep this seems pretty aligned with all the stories I've heard. Cinema audiences are going bloody bananas with all the references and easter eggs in the movie even in the UK and Australia (which normally have quite calm fans in theaters), so it's gonna be veryy interesting to see where this is all headed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

https://deadline.com/2023/10/box-office-five-nights-at-freddys-1235584788/

‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Frenzy Fires Up With Around $7M+ In Previews – Box Office

7M would not be in line with the 10-12M our trackers are expecting, and I trust them a lot more than I trust Deadline.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 4

Freddy‘s is booked in around 3,500 locations this weekend including Imax and PLFs. Apple Original Films and Paramount’s Killers of the Flower Moon is expected to do around $12M, while the AMC-distributed Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour is to continue crooning to around $13M. More details tomorrow AM.

23 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Freddy‘s is booked in around 3,500 locations this weekend including Imax and PLFs. Apple Original Films and Paramount’s Killers of the Flower Moon is expected to do around $12M, while the AMC-distributed Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour is to continue crooning to around $13M. More details tomorrow AM.

That's actually better legs than I expected for Eras

4 hours ago, Mulder said:

The budget's small and the OW will be big enough that it won't matter, but I'm really curious what the IM and legs are going to look like for this honestly.

Halloween Kills made 25% of its total gross on opening day (including previews) and Ends was up to 32%, both with the Peacock day & date release, so I'm expecting FNAF to be a one day/one weekend wonder and crash hard

Its a YA film, a video game Twilight essentially

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The final lucrative weekend of the year is here. Unless the actors' strike ends by next week, then the rest of the year will be quite the endurance test for exhibition.

Yeah, I’m still expecting a big breakout from Wonka provided it’s well liked, but I also expect it to be super leggy, so no big OW. Honestly feeling like it’s going to be ugly for most everything else at this point. Maybe Wish can breakout, idk 

5 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The final lucrative weekend of the year is here. Unless the actors' strike ends by next week, then the rest of the year will be quite the endurance test for exhibition.

I’m hoping Thanksgiving will do really well but feel like I’m deluding myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, I’m still expecting a big breakout from Wonka provided it’s well liked, but I also expect it to be super leggy, so no big OW. Honestly feeling like it’s going to be ugly for most everything else at this point. Maybe Wish can breakout, idk 

All signs pointing to Wish breaking out big. Charlie has indicated the early pre-sales are great, Shawn has also expressed confidence in it and the marketing seems to really be doing its job.

I'm betting on it being the biggest Disney animation since Frozen 2.

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

All signs pointing to Wish breaking out big. Charlie has indicated the early pre-sales are great, Shawn has also expressed confidence in it and the marketing seems to really be doing its job.

I'm betting on it being the biggest Disney animation since Frozen 2.

Not to be conspiratorial, but do you think Disney has more faith in this than the Marvels currently? I saw some ads for the Marvels a few weeks ago, but it feels like I'm getting way more promos for Wish right now... It's weird since Wish comes out much later, but it could be my algorithim too lmao