Bob Train

FNAF Weekend Thread (10/27-10/29) | $80m Opening Weekend | Blumhouse's Biggest Opener Ever | $14.7m The Eras Tour | $9.3m KOTFM

I guess my hope to have Creator , Venice and Flower Moon to have 3x from OW are going down to drain. Halloween season is now becoming a bad season to release non-horror movie. The weekend jump are way weaker than usual and it is not like weekdays are better. 

10 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Trash talking Gen Z's taste when us millennials made rancid garbage like the Michael Bay Transformers movies blockbusters is funny. We were no better.

I'm not a fan of Transformers aside from liking the first movie but there's a lot of technical craftsmanship on screen.  This is just cheap schlock.  It's more akin to Blair Witch without being original.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't see how The Creator and Flower Moon getting a 3.0 multiple matters? They are still both flops even if they accomplished that.

FOTM was budgeted and made to go straight to Apple.   Anything it does in theatrical is gravy for Apple - it didn't exactly have a huge marketing budget or push.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm not a fan of Transformers aside from liking the first movie but there's a lot of technical craftsmanship on screen.  This is just cheap schlock.  It's more akin to Blair Witch.

Nah, Blair Witch is still the worst horror movie I've ever paid to see in a theater...FNAF is world's better.  (When I saw Blair Witch in its 1st run, I gave it an F, and it's still richly deserved to this day - a boring, boring, non-scary, headache-inducing slog of trees)...

If we ever have a "worst 100 movies you've paid to see" list, Blair Witch is in my Top 5...

• Heart 1

PS - And speaking of schlocky horror - wow, Thanksgiving's trailer is something.  It's too bad it's in the glut of movies releasing Nov 17, b/c something tells me it's awful enough to draw a crowd for the unintentional/intentional bad humor...Thanksgiving night could be its best day after folks get ticked at their families and football is over...

• Haha 1

I watched FNAF on Peacock last night and can't say I blame the studio for not really having much faith in it initially (and allowing its large fanbase to do much of the work for them). Hopefully the inevitable sequel will have more of an effort put into its quality, though I doubt that.