XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

31 minutes ago, DInky said:

I think BadOlCatSylvester is implying that a lot of projects are about to get cancelled in light of The Marvels bombing.

I don't really think that's likely personally. I just think the delays from the strike will spread things out more, and budgets will probably be scaled back on certain things, but I don't think there will be just a full slate canned. Id expect, say, Born Again to be closer to the original show in budget than something like Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

The only things I could see getting the axe would be things like Nova which never really got a big rollout in the first place officially.

16 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Have we all learned nothing? You cannot title movies Part 1 and Part 2! That really is box office poison.

When did I say they should title it part 1 and 2? They can totally title them different things like Spider-Verse and IW/EG.

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

But that's... literally what they're already doing.

Get that.

The whole point of saying want secret war to be 2 parts IMO is that  want  Kang dealt away with.

If that were to hypothetically happen ,Avengers 5 would nolonger be Kang dynasty 

Then would want  two avenger movies(including the one previously titled KD) to be retooled into the secret wars storyline divided into 2 parts with different titles.

The major drawback is who would replace Kang as the big bad? Doom this late in the game would be also not good.

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't see why they need to rush to make it Doom. He's been the villain in literally every FF movie, he can afford a break for a bit.

They need to introduce the new Doom in the first FF film first. Doom can't just show up from no where in an Avengers movie.

22 minutes ago, Eric Danvers said:

Could change, but...seems you're on the right path so far. Nice one.

It’s an interesting hot take, but considering that he probably meant films only, I can’t see past a fresh score for Deadpool 3, but what do I know?

I also think Blade will be different enough to get a fresh just by its… freshness, if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It’s an interesting hot take, but considering that he probably meant films only, I can’t see past a fresh score for Deadpool 3, but what do I know?

I also think Blade will be different enough to get a fresh just by its… freshness, if nothing else.

Yeah Deadpool and their member berries definitely gives that movie the highest potential to break the trend. Still not impossible I guess.

• Like 1