XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Luckily so far after Endgame, Marvel always dated their mid/disaster flick followed by their hit films. So at least it’s not a total disaster like turd after turd after turd like what other universes did back then.
Eternals followed by No Way Home

Ant man followed by GotG 3

And now The Marvels will be followed by Deadpool 3 which is likely to be a super hit. Then Captain America 4 will likely end the phase 5 with a whimper…. (Based on leak quality and reshoots)
The phase five on quality graph will look at this.

cardio GIF

Mid then hit then mid then hit then mid again. Truly fitting to represent the phase which put the franchise on life support.

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Interesting... I think DP3 can get to $1B+. I have big expectations for Joker as well, just not quite as high. It all depends on quality, though.

I think its well over-egged by people on here but then I was in the Avatar missed the boat crowd so we'll see. But personally I think DP3 probably matches DP2 or falls short with a high 600M - which is still good.

2 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

To turn Cap 4 into a TV show would mean having to renegotiate the deals with all of the major talent involved. Probably not worth the time and expense especially at a time when they're moving away from the "6 hour movie" model for their shows. 

Also you can't turn a movie into a TV series, they're structured in a different manner.

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

As a big Thunderbolts fan, how would you go about making a Thunderbolts movie?

I think the ship might have sailed at the moment, but if I was the one calling the shots, I'd use the big guns that don't need introduction like Venom, Deadpool, Elektra, The Punisher and finishing the team with one or two new characters and Zemo as the leader, so kind of a "best of" the several rosters of the team.

Now if you told me before Endgame, I'd say that the building blocks should have been placed as soon as that movie ended, maybe a post-credits scene showing Zemo fleeing the prison and trying to build a team since the Avengers were over and go with the original team. Ant-Man 3 having Fixer/Atlas/Beetle as sort of a family of super villains to mirror the Ant-Family or Luis' crew, Moonstone being the antagonist of Captain Marvel 2 and Songbird being introduced on the start of the Thunderbolts movie, being the audience surrogate.

Just now, Masketta Man said:

I think the ship might have sailed at the moment, but if I was the one calling the shots, I'd use the big guns that don't need introduction like Venom, Deadpool, Elektra, The Punisher and finishing the team with one or two new characters and Zemo as the leader, so kind of a "best of" the several rosters of the team.

Now if you told me before Endgame, I'd say that the building blocks should have been placed as soon as that movie ended, maybe a post-credits scene showing Zemo fleeing the prison and trying to build a team since the Avengers were over and go with the original team. Ant-Man 3 having Fixer/Atlas/Beetle as sort of a family of super villains to mirror the Ant-Family or Luis' crew, Moonstone being the antagonist of Captain Marvel 2 and Songbird being introduced on the start of the Thunderbolts movie, being the audience surrogate.

They can't use Venom without Sony's permission. 

46 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I think its well over-egged by people on here but then I was in the Avatar missed the boat crowd so we'll see. But personally I think DP3 probably matches DP2 or falls short with a high 600M - which is still good.

How lol? Every online interaction metrics shows that Deadpool is going to be massive. It has more interactions on twitter than any previous MCU project. 

• Like 1

Dude might cook for this one. A great DP3 won’t fully get the tracks running because at this point Marvel is way more pick and choose than even Phase 1-2 but add in a great F4, things might be back. Honestly think F4 should be right after Deadpool than Cap, especially because those introduce new multiverse faces.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So with how much of that Variety article has been debunked, how much of it is actually credible? Maybe Green doing Blade?

I mean, they got the fact that The Marvels was a mess and the overall production schedule is messy right but we knew the latter beforehand.

• Like 1

Even if 1/5th of characters mentioned in the rumors about DP3 is true then its going to be nuts. It will also be a mess. Still dont see this pulling a NWH kind(not exact) of breakout. That was seeing Tobey after ages and it was more than just a flashy appearance. Here its looking like a multiverse bro movie with Deadpool and Wolverine and going across multiverse to show us all the flopped SH characters in Marvel history !!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TommyOliver said:

Deadpool is gonna be massive. There’s some weird undertones to people trying doubt that movie. Lol

It's unclear how much they're gonna show the other X-Men in promotion, but I think next year is gonna be a stark reminder that it's Marvels ace up their sleeve.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1