XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This does also indicate to me when Iger talks about scaling the shows back he isn't including the animated stuff.

TV Level animation is cheap in comparasion to Live Action.

Posted (edited)

I have reached the point where I am not going to start "stanning" for something based on a media presentation. I will wait to see what the product ia actually like.

I have been burned on too many of the Marvel Disney Plus series. I remember people saying how great "Secret Invasion" was going to be also.

I will give them credit, they have learned how to push certain buttons though in their publicity.

Edited by dudalb

22 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Mo usually have good sources aswell so this made me sad

Damn, MTTSH isn't always wrong but this was more specific than the super vague "xyz actor is in talks with the MCU!" type stuff

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Damn, MTTSH isn't always wrong but this was more specific than the super vague "xyz actor is in talks with the MCU!" type stuff

A little surprised; I sort of thought the torch had been passed to Kate BIshop and CLint has retired.

THe one location, though, is interesting, it means probably a smaller budget....and I suspect that you will be seeing smaller budgets for the Disney Plus series. No boubt they overspent on them.

On the other hand, the more Hailey Stanfield as Kate the better. I have liked her ever since her Mattie Ross in 

"True Grit".

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I have completed X-Men 97. Quite a good show, probably my favorite of the D+ shows. Some real stellar animation. 

ANimaton is quite good, given it was done on a modest budget. But it was the writing that made X Men 97 so good. Much better then a lot of the writing we have been getting on the big budget live Acton Marvel shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

ANimaton is quite good, given it was done on a modest budget. But it was the writing that made X Men 97 so good. Much better then a lot of the writing we have been getting on the big budget live Acton Marvel shows.

Yeah the writing was damn good, closest of any of the X-Men movies or shows I’ve seen to being the adaptation I’ve always wanted to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

How hard could this possibly be???

Considering they decided to change the entire tone of the show from being female targeted to male targeted after the poor performance of Madame Web and now this, they're probably circling the drain

• Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is it safe to assume to at this point that the next Spider-Man movie won’t be coming out next year?

If no director is announced by June I'd say that's a safe guess.

Posted (edited)

I'm glad Agatha is coming out, I know they should and have been cutting on future content but this is one show I think I will love

Let's see how it goes

Edited by Daxtreme

20 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

How hard could this possibly be???

I see that  Amaxon saw how Madame Webb did, and decided no; this wold flap as badly in the ratings as Web did at the box office.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Sounds like What If season 3 is planned to be the last one. Also apparently coming out before the other animated shows, which is interesting.

Would be a shame, feels like a series that could go on for many seasons but 3 seasons isn’t something to complain about either in this day and age.

Posted (edited)

Given how long it's been since they announced Season 3 my guess was this was planned for a while. Bad Batch was similar, it recorded it's series finale before Season 2 even released.

Question is what this means for the other 2024 animated releases. Spidey was reported for late October/early November, eyes of Wakanda is shorter like Tales of the Jedi/Empire so that may just be all at once. Maybe What If around July?

Edited by SpiderByte

16 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I wonder why nobody acknowledge's how Wakanda Forever made more than double GOTG 3's profit :hahaha:

Wow that sure is amazing considering they had the same budget and almost identical gross! Hollywood accounting lmao

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Wow that sure is amazing considering they had the same budget and almost identical gross! Hollywood accounting lmao

$200M budget for BP2 according to the Deadline breakdown, it had less P&A than Guardians 3 ($135M vs $160M), and it was much more domestic heavy with much less coming from China. 

Edited by HummingLemon496